Author Topic: Time to say Goodbye!  (Read 1156 times)

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Time to say Goodbye!
« on: May 01, 2007, 11:58:50 AM »
Taddies to Froggies already  :D

Tiny but good swimmers.  I'm releasing them into my pond by the horsetail roots.  I'm sure they will find their own homes after that  :'(
The kids are not interested in the frogs.

Smile!
Annette

Offline perplexed ponder

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 27/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Time to say Goodbye!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 12:40:46 PM »
Oh Annette! They are adorable! Matt and the kid went looking for tadpoles yesterday but it must be to early here still. Nothin'
Kathy

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 03:47:14 PM »
OMG how sweet is that! o(:-) don't you worry about them becomming dinner? I want some :'(
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 05:13:20 PM »
These tiny little froggies are very fast swimmers, at least faster than picky eating koi or goldies  o( (who by the way are not interested in mosquito larvae :-\ )

My family and I will miss them......Free at last!

Smile!
Annette

Offline Teresa

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007, 06:12:40 PM »
Glad they made it this far . . . . I had a pair of lovely little green tree frogs on my patio all summer last year that I raised from taddies . . . . hope they'll show back up this year.

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007, 06:26:31 PM »
Our first summer my husband wanted taddies and frogs so bad we went hunting them.  Came home and he put the taddies in the pond and all the fish came swimming over and started eating them, DH just stood there yelling "Dive little guys Dive!"  it was so funny but he was very dissappointed.  We do now have frogs don't know where they came from but they are here every year, but have yet to see a tadpole.
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Offline Kittyzee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007, 07:14:08 PM »
How cute!  Don't know where my frogs come from either, just glad they're here.  I've yet to see a tadpole. We had lots of tree frogs, one even sat outside in the window and ate bugs at night attracted to the light, he was very noisy!  And one year had dozens hatch out on that large autumn clematis.  But it seems they just disappeared, I wonder what happened?
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2007, 07:16:33 PM »
Awwww, so tiny and cute!  Your fish look good too.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2007, 10:17:08 PM »
These little guys had parents who live in my lotusless pot of water.  Every night since the first of the year we heard one of them croaking ....all night long >:(-  Sometime in February we could hear 2 distinct "RRRiibbbbiittts" all night long  8-)~ .  Not too long after, surprise, we noticed hundreds of tiny tadpoles. 
At first we fed some tadpoles to our 8 red ear sliders in the aquarium and the pond fish.  When the supply went low we saved them in a reptile container sitting in the pond.

Now many of the little frogs are free in the pond and beyond.  Hopefully they will take their loud croaking elsewhere....there are already residents in my lotusless pot.  ::)

Smile!
Annette

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"