Author Topic: Snowing in my pond today... new Variegated iris and fake rock for perplexed ....  (Read 885 times)

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Variety of pictures.  I am doing some landscaping today or trying.. there is this huge tree quiet a bit a way but it is covered with these long tail like white thingys that are snowing in my pond.  I have spend almost all day just skimming it off.

My new Variegated iris and a ground cover I found I think looks so neat with it.. IT has a tiny bit of the same color of teal/green in it that the iris does.. this is like matching shoes :)

And perplexed.  Picture of one of my fake rocks make from great stuff that I just noticed didnt get painted.. can ya see it? Be hard to get to it now darn it afriad to get paint in the pond :(

Tinkster

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Heck Tink, I can't tell where your fake rock is?? They all look good. I love that ground cover, that's one of the ones I couldn't rember the name of. Is your's pink or white blossems? I have all the pink ones. Love the varigated Iris too.
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline perplexed ponder

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 27/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
I cna't see an unpainted rock. Is that big one from Great stuff and just painted? It looks fabulous! I wondered if the great stuff with paint would hold up to the weather. I have 2 more cans in the garage!!! Hmmmmmm, start another project today? Do you seal them with something?
Kathy

Offline tinkster

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
THat big one is a combination of thingys.. I got desperate at the end.. it was the last one in the top waterfall series and I didnt think I could tote one more bucket of cement and rocks up there for filler sooooo what I did was take foam cartoons, you can get them free at any pet store, they ship fish in them and I had some huge pieces of foam that refrigerators, furniture etc come packed in.. they are 3" thick huge sheets of foam.. also free and I cut it in blocks and stacked it up to get a basical shape.  Then I used the great stuff to cover it.. I did that whole big rock with just one can casue there is so much filler inside and I can move it very easily.  I did put two rocks in the back of good size cause I didnt want it blowing away up on that bank.

If you experiement with great stuff, there is really no reason to cover with concrete.  YOu can put pits in it when its it semi wet,  its very nice to sand it.  Most of that is sanded worked with a sander and leaving small pits, bumps and ridges.  Then I took some admin mix, which you can buy it lowes in a bottle.  I mixed two parts cement and one part of that liquid and painted the whole thing.. it gave the color of cement and though it waterproofs cement, I do not know if it waterproofs the great stuff or not but it did give me the color of a cement rock to start with.    I dont know though that I would have to  have done that as I could have painted the great stuff. 

I am so unconventional  I hesitate to tell poeple how I do it in case it dont work for them.... Some things I do work and some dont and none are proven in time yet :)  but that rock is on its 2nd year now and looks the same. 

tinkster

Offline tinkster

• Members
    • View Profile
Happy,, I dont know what color it is.. didnt even know it fl owered.  I got it at a small roadside guy and he just had it in a little cup.  hmm.. added bonus that it might flower. :)

tinkster

Offline barb

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Connecticut
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
So pretty!   o(:-)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"