Author Topic: I became a grandmother last night  (Read 1871 times)

Offline tracey_shafer

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
I became a grandmother last night
« on: April 30, 2007, 03:35:19 PM »
To a smelly tick covered 8 week old mutt puppy.

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing

He woke my DD up every 2 hours to go outside to do go potty then got her lazy bottom up at 5am. I could come to like this puppy.
She was whining, I just smiled and said welcome to motherhood dear. ;D

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing

Offline Bullfrog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 28/04/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: I became a grandmother last night
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 05:13:23 PM »
Good looking pup you have there. It looks like he respects the cat too.

We have three dogs and one just had six pups. My wife wants to keep one and I'm ok with that, it's just hard to pick which one, our choice seems to change daily. They have blue eyes and they all have something a little different about their character.

Never leave your partner, especially in a fire.

Offline tracey_shafer

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 05:46:39 PM »
Bullfrog don't you believe in getting your pets fixed? I love kittens but there are too many unwanted pets in this world for me to not to.

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 05:55:38 PM »
Wow what a darling baby!!!

Offline croft

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007, 04:52:36 PM »
Cute puppy! Looks like he's going to be big :)
Joanne

Maritimes
1800 gal watergarden
goldfish
zone 5b

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007, 07:10:11 PM »
Bullfrog don't you believe in getting your pets fixed? I love kittens but there are too many unwanted pets in this world for me to not to.

We have never had a a problem finding good homes for the litters. We have even turned people away. A friend of mine advertised "Free kittens" in the paper. A man showed up and said that he would take all four kittens. The wife asked, "Why do you want all four?"

He told her point blank, "I'm gonna feed them to my snake."

Beware of anyone who asks for more than one baby, there are cheap souless b*stards out there who are too tight to buy rats to feed their snakes.

To us, kittens and puppies are a joy. We have seen those who really want a pet to share their lives. We have seen a kids face light up as she chose her kitten and we are responsible owners. If it were a burden, we would spay and neuter our pets.

Some can't afford to "adopt" from the Humane Society when it costs sixty bucks for the shots and sterilization. Many puppies and kittens shared my childhood and they were free, as they should be.

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007, 07:24:32 PM »
Cute pup, congratulations.  By the size of those paws, yup looks like he'll be good size. 

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2007, 07:55:38 PM »
When heartless b*ast*rds drop off litters of kittens, or pregnant mothers on your doorstep I take them in and give them homes.  If I have the money to have them spayed and neutered, I do.  I always feed them, medicate them if they're sick and try to find them homes elsewhere if I can. Most of these "drop-offs" are pets that have been loved and tamed, you can tell that they have been around people.  Some are declawed, one wonderful cat we named Andrew had no front OR back claws.  He was a wonderful guy until some thoughtless kids who didn't have permission to ride their 4-wheelers on our ground decided to run him down and then placed him like cowards by the mailbox where we found him first thing the next morning. 

I'll try not to make comments on encroaching "city" into the rural farmland where lots of these folks don't have boundaries when it comes to their kids and their machines  >:(-

Sorry, I'll get off my soapbox now.....you have a darling puppy and looks like the cat may have taken him in.   ;)
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Marilyn C

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 12/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2007, 08:29:51 PM »
Sounds like he is going to make a really good dog.   

Kittyzee, I completely relate.   

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2007, 05:22:55 AM »
Thanks Marilyn, I thought OOPS!  I really mouthed off that time.....thanks for understanding! {:-P;;
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

Offline tracey_shafer

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2007, 03:14:29 PM »
LuAnne I am so sorry for your loss. It would break my heart, When I take a pet in it is forever a member of my family and loved, no matter what. The cats do not go outside without supervision here, we live right next to a main street. I will not take any chances, I lost a puppy many years ago because my very young son did not pay attention when the dog was in the fenced back yard & he got out. It upset the driver of the car as much as us.
And yes the puppy is going to be a big dog, it is a cross between a shepard and a horse lol.

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2007, 04:11:51 PM »
Congratts Granny. nice looking pup.
Luann I know just what you mean. the kids run there 4 wheelers in our ouchard and destroied a bunch of the sprinklers. They even would race around in there in the evenings after I have gone to bed, so I had to put the word out for them to not come in the orchard at all or past our gate after 8pm.
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2007, 05:48:19 PM »
I take in all animals that have been abandoned...it's just my thing.  I would love to bring them all into the house, but that's just not possible.  They are almost always here forever, I have a hard time even giving any away, but have to responsible owners.  I had rescued him from the shelter about 2 years ago, he was the biggest cat I've ever seen.  Very tall, long, and probably tipped the scales at around 25 pounds, but not fat.  A gentle giant.  The thing about Andrew was, he thought he was safe.  He was in the pasture where he hunts mice and just generally goofs around.  My heart (and my youngest daughters) was broken when we looked out the upstairs window and saw him laying there by the mailbox.  We knew what happened, we heard these kids at 10:00 at night ripping through our fields creating havoc.  Why do people buy their kids 4 wheelers and dirt bikes when they don't have any place to ride them?   :swear:

What a sweet puppy, he's lucky he's found such a wonderful home  :hug:
LuAnn

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2007, 05:08:21 AM »
I can relate to the four wheeler thing. No helmets and no idea of just how dangerous these things can be. I saw a group of kids dragging the hood of a car on a rope behind one while they took turns sitting on it. I'm pretty tolerant, but as a paramedic I've made way too many calls because of stupidity and I did call the law on that one.

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2007, 11:46:17 AM »
I know Bullfrog, seen my share of that kind of trauma....When vehicles can travel as fast as these 4 wheelers do combined with kids who think they're immortal along with the fact that they rarely wear helmets.... :-\   I wonder what the parents do when the kids are taken to the trauma center by MedFlight?  Probably the only thing that will wake them up >:(
LuAnn

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"