Author Topic: I guess it belongs to them  (Read 1427 times)

Offline CT

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
I guess it belongs to them
« on: May 08, 2007, 09:44:38 AM »

So much for the mini bog I had planned..It's rained so hard here that it filled up with water before I could puncture the liner for the bog. I guess I could do the bog after the toadlets vacate it..

Offline Teresa

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: I guess it belongs to them
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 10:09:50 AM »
Um, is that what they call squatter's rights? 

You could always move the eggs to some other body of water . . . . Or you could start your bog but leave several inches of water over the dirt for a while . . . .

Great pic!

Offline Cindi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 10:20:18 AM »
Oh my, that is some shot!   {:-P;;
Cindi
Cedar Springs, MI , Zone 5

Offline joeyb5980

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 21/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 10:28:24 AM »
That's a whole lotta lovin going on there!   :o
Joey

Offline perplexed ponder

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 27/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 11:48:45 AM »
 :o

Wow! Those toads are B-U-S-Y!!!
Do toads offspring return to the same place they were born to mate and lay eggs? You could end up with an awful lot in a few years!!
Kathy

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 06:48:04 PM »
BOOHOO I have no frogs still :(

Gots a question.. why do you have to put holes in a bog anyway?  I didnt put them in mine is something bad gonna happen?

tinskter

Offline Teresa

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2007, 07:07:32 PM »
BOOHOO I have no frogs still :(

Gots a question.. why do you have to put holes in a bog anyway?  I didnt put them in mine is something bad gonna happen?

tinskter

It depends on how wet you want your bog and what you are going to grow in it . . . if you grow plants that really like to be in water, you don't need holes.  Most bogs should be damper than normal dirt, but not soaking wet, thus the holes.

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2007, 07:13:07 PM »
THanks.. understand now. basically I jsut want to grow plants that I normally toss in the pond.  I did it on the sides of the lotus pond so I should be okay without holes.  Was starting to worry there :)

tinkster

Offline CT

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2007, 08:20:21 PM »
I think I counted 15 of them during the storms in the ponds and anything that holds water so I guess they do come back or just stay around. They were even lurking in the puddles in the back yard. That little area is the overflow for my above ground pond so I want it to drain. Teresa, I relocated gobs of eggs out of there so hopefully they will hatch. Good idea, thanks! :) Tinkster, if I thought the eggs would be good by the time they got there I would send you some. :)
Here's a little shy guy just waiting in swamp that used to be my back yard..

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2007, 09:04:37 PM »
Too funny..... lol

I had a big old frog that hangs out in my huge pot of mini cattails.  But we lifted that pot out tonight for a major cut back.  We put him in the pond next to where he calls home, and he wasn't singing tonight.  I didn't get the home of cattails cut back either, their sitting outside of the pond.  Guess I better get that fixed tomorrow.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2007, 05:08:00 AM »
Thanks for the picture, made me giggle,  "squatters rights", Teresa, to funny lol.  The ones here are singing up a storm all day and night.  The other night I left the door open so I could hear them, but we had to keep turning up the TV, so I closed it.
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"