Author Topic: I'm Actually Doing It!  (Read 1989 times)

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
I'm Actually Doing It!
« on: May 06, 2007, 07:48:08 PM »
Marla remember when we talked about that old water crank sistern and how I wanted to do something with it? Well I am!!!!! @O@ I still have some filling to do and lots of land scaping but I did get it started. Tell me what ya think.
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline perplexed ponder

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 27/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: I'm Actually Doing It!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 03:53:52 AM »
 O0 That is oging to be so cool! Love that HUGE rock too! Post more pics when you plant!
Kathy

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 04:48:45 AM »
Good start. Yah Pictures.

Offline barb

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Connecticut
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 05:46:12 AM »
That's going to look awesome!

Offline Loritx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 07/04/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 06:37:58 AM »
WOW!!  That is going to look nice!!!!
Lori TX

Offline Teresa

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 06:41:27 AM »
I like it!  It's gonna look great!

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2007, 07:01:03 PM »
Thanks all. I screwed my knee up so bad working on that hill all day buy the time I got home from work today I didn't want to do much with it. I did get the little pump hooked up tho. My wonderful Hubby told me how good it was looking and I said ya but now I need lots more plants. And we are standing there looking at all I bought on Sat. that still arent planted! He said well that's ok I'll buy more for ya. Is that not just sweet?  o(:-) I guess I'll keep him another 26 years.
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Celia

• Members
  • With us since: 17/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2007, 05:51:33 AM »
That is looking good, what kind of tree is it under, I like that also.
Celia

Offline Daisy

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2007, 09:55:16 AM »
You have reason to be "happy"....that is gonna be so cool looking.  O0  Make sure we get more pictures!  8-)~

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2007, 10:10:44 AM »
Celia, that is a mini Arbovitee(sp) and in the bucket is a mini Mongo Pine that was right wher the pre form is now. I have to decide where to put him????? I'm going to get some more of the Golden Cypress too to keep uniform with the big pond. And Heather and, and! @O@ More plant shopping comming up @O@
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline joeyb5980

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 21/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2007, 10:29:33 AM »
Love the sistern- that is gonna look great when finished!
Joey

Offline kennef

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Members
  • With us since: 13/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2007, 01:03:59 PM »
thats one of the coolest items i have seen used as a water return in a pond!   

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2007, 06:41:39 PM »
I just love it!  Thats going to be to cool

tinkster

Offline Monica

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2007, 07:15:34 PM »
Looks great  O0 O0 @O@!  Can't wait to see more pictures.
The irony of life is that, by the time you're old enough to know your way around, you're not going anywhere

Offline Jonna

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2007, 08:08:43 PM »
That is a really cool item, it will look fantastic as part of the pond.  Do you know how it worked?  Was it hooked to a well and that is how you primed it or something?  Where did you find it?  Really neat, I love using old things in the garden, yard art.

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2007, 10:35:49 PM »
Thanks everyone! I sure hope I can live up to all you aspectations :redface: I got it here in town at a yard sale. This is a very OLD farming and orchard community. Actually Jonna it came came along long before wells and pumps. They would dig out a bit of a hole in the lake edge or stream and set it in there and line the bottom with rocks. It has like a big old chain inside that has metal cups every 6 or 8" or so and when you turn the crank it would scoop up the water and dump it into a metal funnel like thing and the water would run out the spicket. I too love the old stuff. My yard and house are full of it. And if it has a hole it has a plant. I have a very old cream separator with plants in the two big tubs that hold the milk and cream. Again hand crank, but in such poor condition it doesen't crank. I even took a small very old pot belly stove and stuck it out in a flower bed and put plants in the fire part as the bottom is gone and they grow right up threw the top hole. Lots of old stuff like that I love. I have a old hand pump that I want to use also that was on the farm where  my dh grew up. His mom gave it to me many years ago. I'm thinking on the deck going to a stock tank pond?????
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2007, 05:04:23 AM »
Debbie, I thought you were going to send me that cistern {:-P;;  ;)!!!!   It really is going to look fabulous O0, is that above the pond or near it??? I really need to find one of those, or get some electricity to the old family pump in the front garden.   Glad I popped in before work today, so I could see this thread.  I've been busy with the lily pond from hell (that's another story)and out of state relatives I haven't been online for a while.
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Offline Jonna

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2007, 05:41:01 AM »
What a great piece of history.  I too love to stick plants in old things and I love the way flowers look growing out of odd pieces of machinery or old farm utensils.  It's so nice that these things continue to add value to our lives instead of rusting away in a field unnoticed. 

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2007, 05:48:41 PM »
Marla your just to funny. lol It is just right and up from the pond. Hopefully next year I can add a falls and tiny stream meandering over to the pond. I'd say it's about 8'to 10' from it.
Jonna It is a good thing isn't it! When I get the beds cleand out and things are blooming I'll send some pix of my treasures. I worked out there all day and got more bank cut away and used the dirt to get the rest of the pond filled in. I got weed block and some rocks down but I'll need many many more.  @O@ I love to go rock huntting too. There is a great place to get super rocks at one of the lakes we like to fish at so we'll kill two birds with one stone. Since I took these pix I have added  more rocks but you can see the progress. I also got the pind planted there where it's sitting. My girls think I did this for them, ;D I have these two very spoiled hens and one is gay. When she lays her egg she crows very poorly insted of clucking like she should! :D The water is on but I don't think it showes up very well in these pix. I'll post more as I go.
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"