Author Topic: American Ponders Convention!?!?  (Read 4264 times)

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: American Ponders Convention!?!?
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2007, 06:43:09 PM »
El Jefe I would be delighted to come to a pond party at your house.  However I do require master bedroom with a adjoining bath :)  There aint nobody seeing me in the morning till I make it to the bathroom and of course patio door to the pool and hot tub would be nice also but not required.  O0 O0 O0

I think we seriously shoudl toss around some dates and a place and see if any can come.. St. Louis sounds good to me if I cant get you to my house.

tinskter

Offline El Jefe

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
  • With us since: 09/11/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2007, 07:18:55 PM »
Wow, Guess I am going to have to move into the guest room, there is only one room that fits that description and that is our Master BR. Door right the Jacuzzi.......

The pool.....

Lots of room.......

« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 07:24:37 PM by El Jefe »
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2007, 06:51:08 PM »
wow you sure have a beautiful place there!  Yes I guess we can have a convention at your house!  Looks like I could live on the patio there without even needing you to vacate your master suite :)

tinkster

Offline El Jefe

• Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2007, 07:13:07 PM »
I really like it, The picture of the back yard is a few years old now. My pond looks much better now. That was before I got started! Thanks for the compliments though........
Andy
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2007, 08:03:05 PM »
I like you place too.  Florida is good for me since we have relatives in the state.
I opened a can of worms with this idea.  I like it but it is not going to be easy.
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline karen J

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2007, 08:24:33 PM »
Andy, I'd be quite happy there in a tent..

I'd be more than willing to host a get-together here, and I'll even do the grillin (meat- hot dogs, burgers, king crab, brats, coleslaw, flank steak, rotisseried chickens, and salad. YOU bring the sides).

As long as you'all don't mind a few weeds. Many weeds.
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline livetogarden

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2007, 09:19:53 PM »
Karen,
  I realize I'm a bit weird but I totally LOVE to weed!!! I could come a day early.  :)
Cath
zone 5b

Offline Jerry

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2007, 10:31:05 PM »
I can bring Round-Up
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

Offline El Jefe

• Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2007, 07:21:07 AM »
I will bring my gas weed eater, it chews right through most things!

Andy

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2007, 07:52:24 AM »
Andy, your place is gorgeous!  O0
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline El Jefe

• Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2007, 01:57:16 PM »
It is okay, likes a lot of love and upkeep. Now if that smoke would just blow some other direction other than west and if we could get some rain to help out here things wouold be nice and green again!

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2007, 12:01:42 PM »
As LeeAnne has already said, it's best to just plan a regional get-together and if others from further distances out want to fly/drive in to attend then so much the better. 

If you guys are serious about getting together, this is how it was done on another forum and we had a fairly good turnout and a lot of fun.

First, someone needs to take charge (not me) and start a separate thread in which various locations are suggested.  Folks making suggestions should indicate what activities are available at the location (botanical gardens, tourist attractions etc.) Next a vote is taken and the top three locations are separated out for a final vote.  Only people seriously committed to attending one of the top three locations should vote.  The fetching one and I have made two out-of-state trips this year and have a third planned later this fall to Israel so we can't afford to do anymore this year. 

Now that you have a specific location selected you need people who want to attend that venue to now decide on a weekend date.  If you have enough people committed to make it worthwhile, go for it.

You also need someone or two who are perhaps familiar with the selected area to coordinate getting a hotel for everyone to stay at. 

After all the voting is done, chances are it will be mostly a regional get-together like is done annually by our PNW group.  It's pretty pricey for most people to be able to fly in for a weekend. 

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline Jerry

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2007, 12:44:58 PM »
Excellent thoughts Mike.  Does someone want to start a thread and try to organize a regional event?   I think regional is most doable
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

Offline Missy

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 07/05/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2007, 01:57:50 PM »
I would love to meet in St. Louis. The botanical garden is spectacular, I bet we could arrange a private after-hours tour. And I could visit my husband's grandparents!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"