Poll

would you say, yes or no to them?

yes
1 (33.3%)
no
2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: May 25, 2007, 08:52:05 AM

Author Topic: If you ran a marathon and some one was offering free photos emailed to you .....  (Read 748 times)

Offline seanmckinney

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 17/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
I was out the back again shooting the Belfast marathon at mile 17 or there abouts. 700 shots eeek. cant imagine doing that on film. I emailed one of the organisers asking if I sent him a list of runner numbers would he contact the runners and ask them, if they wanted their photo to email me at an address I would set up. As yet he hasnt replied!
Also several charities were represented and I emailed those charities, they have all replied asking if I would send them copies but I said not with out the runners permission. They said the would contact the runner, no runner has yet contacted me.
I did the same for two athletic clubs that were probably represented but they havent replied.

I would have thought I would like such photos but...........................

Offline Teresa

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
They are probably worried that you are trying to harvest the email addies of all those runners to try and sell them something . . . .

Offline seanmckinney

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 17/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Ahhhhh that hadnt occurred to me, ta. .... So .......if it was suggested that the runners set up an email address simply for this, which took me only a couple of minutes, do you think that would solve that problem. The supposedly harvested email addresses would be useless after a short while.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"