Author Topic: misc. pics  (Read 1255 times)

Offline joeyb5980

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 21/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
misc. pics
« on: May 31, 2007, 10:21:21 AM »
Here are some pics from the past couple of days... Lilies are really kicking into high gear now putting out pads- I am ready for them to kick the blooming into high gear now!  Anyway, here are a couple of shots of Commanche, Attraction, and a little snapper I caught out of the pond yesterday.  He must have wandered up from the creek- he sure was enjoying munching my arrowhead, and snipping off my lily pad stems  :swear:  He has been relocated  :whip:

Joey

Offline Missy

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 07/05/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: misc. pics
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 06:12:14 PM »
Wow, those are some nice looking lilies!! And that little snapper-CUTE!! I found one in my pond 2 years ago-he was about as big as a 50-cent piece. Put him back in-but we never saw him again. I always wondered what happened to him......

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 07:17:46 PM »
Pretty lily's, they look really nice.

Our dogs found 2 snappers a year apart.  Both were found in the same flower bed in my front yard.  One was so big it wouldn't even fit down into a 5 gallon bucket.  DH, didn't even know it was a snapper..lol.  Just about the time he decided he was going to pick it up, me and a neighbor yelled stop, and that was about the time the turtle turned its head towards him.  We ended up using a big box and relocating him to a near by ditch/wild life preservation thing.  We were afraid that a kid would try to pick him up and get bit.  The other wasn't as big, and got relocated to the same place.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline Christy

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 26/11/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 07:25:09 PM »
I had an bigger one in one of my tubs that i put water lilies in, i kept wondering why the leaves on the plant kept getting broke off, untill i spotted him in there one day, so he went to the creek.

Christy

Offline karen J

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 07:26:55 PM »
Your lilies look great!  Cute snapper, too. I like 'em when they're little like that...  ;)
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline maryvonne

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My photo albums
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 07:45:32 PM »
Very nice photos. Cool turtle.

Maryvonne
Maryvonne
Surrey B.C.
Canada

zone 7-8

Offline perplexed ponder

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 27/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 02:25:35 AM »
oh, he is cute. I wouldn't like him snapping off my leaves either. I'm afraid if one shows up, the kids won't allow me to remove it.
PRETTY LILLIES! GA peach and FL sunset have pads at the surface now! Glorie is still barely hanging on.
Kathy

Offline joeyb5980

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 21/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2007, 07:40:41 AM »
Thanks for the compliments everyone  :)

Kathy- Glad your lilies are putting up pads- hopefully they will really take off now!  My favorite lily I have as far as pads is GA peach- I love the mottling on them.  My Gloire du Temple is doing crappy too- mine was shipped in good shape, but it has lost all pads, and only has one small one starting to sprout toward the surface  :(  I read in my SLocum book though, that Gloire won't bloom well in hot areas, such as zone 8 and up, so maybe that is why Kat's hasn't bloomed.  We are in cooler areas, so maybe we have a bit better chance at getting blooms on ours  :)
Joey

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"