Author Topic: Traveling Plans are Heating Up....  (Read 1047 times)

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Traveling Plans are Heating Up....
« on: June 13, 2007, 11:04:04 PM »
We are planning a trip to Israel this November.  We were there last in 2002 when homicide bombings were occurring all too frequently.  Even so, we had a very enjoyable time there and we also traveled into Egypt and Jordan.  We actually felt the safest while in Israel.  Now as we are making plans for this next trip things are again heating up, but mostly in the Gaza region which Israel has vacated.  We have no plans for going anywhere near Gaza, which is under control of Hamas, nor visiting sites in other less violent Palestinian areas.  We will be going into Jordan again but Egypt is doubtful.

Hopefully as the weather cools in November so will the violence in the area....
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Traveling Plans are Heating Up....
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 06:02:09 AM »
My son's company used to travel to Israel frequently on photo shoots. They don't anymore.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 07:38:56 AM by Esther »

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 11:40:37 AM »
Keep your fingers crossed  O0

Better to be safe.........

Offline MikeW

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 03:03:06 PM »
That was one of my most memorable holidays Mike, I am jealous.

We did Cairo, a Nile cruise, then over to Jerusalem, and on up to Istanbul. What a fascinating part of the world. We did also want to get over to Jordan to see Petra, but the border crossings between Israel and Jordan were very time consuming back then.

We flew El Al Israeli airlines out of Egypt. The plane was parked well away from the airport terminal, in a dark corner. As we were bussed out, Israeli scurity, completely armed with sub machine guns, deployed from the Boeing 757, and took up position around the steps as we went up. All jolly exciting I thought.

We had originally planned to take a bus across the Sinai, but one never has enough vacation time it seems.

November is a great time to be there too, so we'll want to see loads of pics.

Cheers,

Mike

Los Angeles California Zone 10

Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someone's neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing?

Offline SheilaJ

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Members
  • Westminster, MD, zone 6/7
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 09:04:59 PM »
Our priest went a couple of summers ago during his sabbatical. It was a really great experience. Have a good time and be safe.
Please see my 300 gallon pond and my container ponds at:
http://members.aol.com/perfectplantsgro/biggerpond.html

Offline frloplady

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 09:01:01 AM »
DH went with a group from church before I met him.  I love his pictures and would love to go someday.

Pray you will have a safe trip and that things cool down between now and then!
Mary

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 03:44:46 PM »
My boss is Israeli and has family there. They visit back and forth all the time. I asked if they are scared but they said they feel very safe. Seems scary to me.

I'd love to see Petra in Jordan and Egypt. For those who don't know, Petra is the city cut into the rock face in the desert that is featured in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"