Author Topic: Hey Mikey - here's my 'new' car!!  (Read 1229 times)

Offline thedahlialama

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • just grow it
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • my photobucket site
Hey Mikey - here's my 'new' car!!
« on: June 15, 2007, 01:47:31 AM »
ok, here it is - the number one reason i've been so late rejoining this forum! this is my 2004 Ford Focus ZX3 premium. I bought it in february as a certified preowned car and got a pretty good deal. it was only the 3rd car i test drove but once i drove it, i was in love with it.  i never thought i would own a red car but everything else about this car was so 'right' that i couldn't pass it up. it has a 2.3l engine that is a duratec PZEV (partial zero emissions vehicle - less emissions than the hybrids!!) it has lots of get up and go and is fully loaded with power everything but seats. the first thing i did was put the vinyl stickers on it.  the latest thing i did was add the spoiler on the rear hatch. despite the fact that i am back with car payments for the first time in nearly 25 yrs, i LOVE this car!!  o(:-)

and so i've been hanging out with a bunch of 16-25 yo's at a focus forum to learn more about my car and how to enhance it. i would never have gotten the spoiler installed myself without their help.  O0
Our Pond & Watergardens
paradise should be at home

ed

Offline thedahlialama

• Members
  • just grow it
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • my photobucket site
Re: Hey Mikey - here's my 'new' car!!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 01:53:44 AM »
i also added a 'dashkit' - the simulated wood pieces. i really love the way these make the interior feel. classy and nature like all at the same time -

and of course since we all know i'll be bringing home plenty of wet plants in the cargo area, i had to install a liner -

and finally i thought i'd share the first pic i ever took of this car on my ride home after a night shift at work -

that pic is pre-spoiler but i just love the location!!
Our Pond & Watergardens

ed

Offline Cindi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 05:19:28 AM »
Congratulations on the new wheels!   O0
Cindi
Cedar Springs, MI , Zone 5

Offline SheilaJ

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Members
  • Westminster, MD, zone 6/7
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 06:06:03 AM »
Nice ride! The liner is a non-optional item for anyone who gardens. I trashed the carpet in my van the first year without one. Now I have a big one, and it's great to just pull it out, dump and rinse down. My dh still thinks it was a waste of $, but I know better!
Please see my 300 gallon pond and my container ponds at:
http://members.aol.com/perfectplantsgro/biggerpond.html

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 08:20:23 AM »
Cool!  Makes ya feel like a kid again eh?  Looks like it would be fun to drive.  Is the coastal shot around San Louis Obispo or is that further north? 
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline thedahlialama

• Members
  • just grow it
    • View Profile
    • my photobucket site
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 01:25:04 PM »
Thanks all!!

Sheila - i couldn't agree with you more! i also trashed the rear of my astro van that the focus replaced. i didn't want to see that happen to my 'like new' car so getting the cargo liner, and finding one with a lip to hold spills and dirt in, was one of my first priorities!! we actually had a whole thread just about cargo liners at the focus forum and several people ended up getting one of these after my showing it to them. of course someone had to chime in and imply that we were stupid for paying over $50 because you can get rubber mats at walmart for $20. i guess if you don't haul stuff that spills, you just don't get the value of something like this!

Mikey - it did make me want to drive like a kid again for the first while but that has finally worn off and i'm more focused on trying to keep my mpg up. it gets about 26 mpg with my combo of city/hwy/steep hills driving that is my route to work. after all, it is kinda hard to think of a focus as a mid life crisis car. not exactly a porsche or ferrari  ;D it is lots of fun to drive though and i feel great about being 'green' with the pzev! funny thing is i would never have considered this car when looking if my 18 yo son had not made a good case for it when i told him i was going shopping for a car. he had peaked my interests enough to have done a bit of research on it before i went out to look in person.

and the coastal shot is at montara state beach, about a mile or so up hwy 1 from me. san luis obisbo is much further south down in central cali. only about 15 miles or so to the south edge of SF from here.
Our Pond & Watergardens

ed

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 05:14:14 PM »
 ::) Boys and their toys  8)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"