Author Topic: Question concerning my Youth Group  (Read 1054 times)

Offline Shawn

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 12/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Question concerning my Youth Group
« on: June 21, 2007, 07:45:28 PM »
Well, figured this would be the right place to post... Usually I lurk, rarely post, but I know most of you are extremely creative... My wife and I are Youth Pastors (Directors, Leaders, insert term for your Church here) at Church and are going to be renaming the Youth group after being in charge for 6 years (almost 7!) now... We have been painting the Youth Chapel (not an easy feat -- used to be the old Church -- took 5 gals primer and 10 gals of paint), and updating everything withing the game room and main room.. The kids have decided that they like the name His Disciples with the tagline Christianity in HD ...  Any ideas on what kind of logo we could make... My wife has mentioned using a tv, crosses, etc. but nothing really set...  Anyone have ideas?

Some of the verses we stand on for the Youth, Jer 1:5, Jer 29:11, Math 28:19, and Psalms 139

Shawn   :)
Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.
~ Mark Twain

Russell, Kentucky  Zone 5

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Question concerning my Youth Group
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 08:49:09 AM »
HIS certainly brings up a picture or how we picture Jesus. But then isn't it funny we all would recognize a picture but noone now really knows what He looks like? So I'm thinking young people surrounding Jesus. But when you speak of a logo, do you mean something on paper or a website or will this be more lettering and something real simple that would be engraved on wood or other surfaces more difficult to apply it to?

I used to be in a 9 person ensemble that we called His Messengers. But we didn't do much but special music for night services at other churches.

Offline Sean

• Tropical Waterlily Guru
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • Sean's Ponds & Patio Garden
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 09:11:25 AM »
How about a shadow painting of Jesus holding hands with three or four children on either side? It's the fist thing that came to my mind.

Cheers,
Sean
Vancouver BC Zone 8B
...........Click my Gif's............

Offline Shawn

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 12/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 03:13:25 PM »
This logo will be used basically for everything, we will use it as our "branding" for the Youth Group, so it will be used on letterhead, signage on the outside of the Church, main church website, youth website (still working to put up), on the inside of the "Chapel" part of the room, and T-Shirts.. The kids have been begging for T-Shirts... So that will be the first thing...

Interesting you both mention Jesus around kids, or shadow of Jesus, etc.  One of the ways we are decorating the Chapel  portion is to paint the shadows of the kids holding hands along one side of the wall. Best way I can describe the look we are going for is if ever you watch NBC and see commericals for scrubs, the show the outline of the actors in a solid color and then the actors are superimposed over it..  So far, the colors of the room are a light grey called Fashionable Grey (From Sherwin Williams Paint), and a Dark Grey going around the base and trim the was Gun Metal Grey (Actually is the primer, but it looked so good, the kids wanted to keep)... We'll be using a light blue for the shadows and puting oranges, reds etc for highlights.. On the opposite wall we are going to work with the scriptures and do something with the lettering to make it look good... We have a chalk board (about 6x10) on the back wall that someone made for us.. Needless to say, this is a very large area...

Thanks for the ideas so far.. Keep'em coming!!
Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.
~ Mark Twain

Russell, Kentucky  Zone 5

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"