Author Topic: Anyone wanna do a little hosta trading????  (Read 2183 times)

Offline Jennie in MT

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • C'mon! Pucker up for a little fishy kiss!
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Anyone wanna do a little hosta trading????
« on: June 23, 2007, 05:50:45 AM »
I have many and would love to add more varieties.  My list can be found at http://members.gardenweb.com/members/exch/jennie_in_mt  Anyone wanna do some swappin'??

Offline thepitclub

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 25/05/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone wanna do a little hosta trading????
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 06:26:11 AM »
I don't have hostas to trade, but I noticed on your site you were looking for white flowered perennials, especially good smelling ones. I have lots of very hardy Lily of The Valley for trade. I'm interested in any hostas at all, or any perennials really. I have a list of other hardy items listed here: http://www.americanponders.com/forum/index.php?topic=3193.0

I'm in the frozen tundra (Michigan) so I would imagine most of this would be hardy for you too.

Let me know if you see anything you would like to trade for.  :)

Amanda

PS. I read your member page on Garden Web, and we've alot in common!  O0 We also live in an old farm house (constantly renovating- ugh), love fishing and our doggies, and my day job is also in the healthcare industry.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 06:35:03 AM by thepitclub »
"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; instead remember that what you now have was once among the things you had only hoped for" - Epicurus

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 06:28:14 AM »
I'd love to BUT several of mine are dieing from lack of rain.
I used to have over 100 diffrent one's . I don't know how many will survive this drought , they're looking so bad right now.
bonnie

Offline Jennie in MT

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2007, 06:42:34 AM »
Amanda, thanks for the offer of the lily of the valley.  I have scads of the white.  One warning on dividing it.  I used to have one area packed with it...now I have to be careful that the other areas I moved some to don't get packed with it!  LOL
I do have a few that I could share with your for postage....  they are minis.

Bunny, where have you been on MSN?  I miss ya!  All I can say is what you already know:  water and mulch!  I am amazed how much difference my mulch makes...it is truly incredible.  We are planning to set up a seep system off our rain gutters in order to use what rain we do get to full advantage.  Keep me in mind as fall comes on and your hostas rebound!

Offline thepitclub

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 25/05/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2007, 06:52:43 AM »
Ha Ha, that's why I have so much, huh? I love it though- it smells so sweet and does so well in the shade. I thank you for your offer to share your hostas.  :) See if anyone has hosta trades for you first; I wouldn't want to be greedy.  ;D If you get no traders, I'd be glad to send you postage, plus a bit for handling.

Amanda

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; instead remember that what you now have was once among the things you had only hoped for" - Epicurus

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2007, 04:12:30 PM »
I sent you a PM with three new ones I bought today. They all have multiple eyes. There will be room in the box with the bleeding heart, iris and columbine seeds.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2007, 07:16:29 AM »

Bunny, where have you been on MSN?  I miss ya!  All I can say is what you already know:  water and mulch!  I am amazed how much difference my mulch makes...it is truly incredible.  We are planning to set up a seep system off our rain gutters in order to use what rain we do get to full advantage.  Keep me in mind as fall comes on and your hostas rebound!

Hi Jennie ,
I don't think I'm the Bonnie u know , I'm from OH.
But I'll keep ya in mind  this fall if my Hosta's rebound ... ;D

Will mulch work under trees? My Maple tree throw's off soo many seed's & I was always afraid to put mulch around my Hosta's thinking I'd have all those little tree's starting in it....what do U think?
bonnie

Offline Jennie in MT

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2007, 10:09:29 PM »
The great part about mulching is that if something unwanted does sprout, it is a breeze to yank it out.  I just stir the mulch around to dislodge many of those new pesky little buggers!  It has made all the difference in our gardens.  From hard packed clay to moist and workable beds. 

Well, mulch and goat poop!  LOL  But then again, when they are this cute, who cares if they poop a little....as long as it is in the goat yard!  *grin*  Thank goodness for the bobcat to dig the dang goat pen out every other spring...

Offline LeeAnne151

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2007, 08:53:44 AM »
Jennie, is that you?  For some reason I pictured you as being much younger, like in your early 30's. No reason why.  :D no offense. LOL Darling kid you've got there.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Double S

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 01/06/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2007, 11:24:40 AM »
Awwwww....cute kid! I have pygmies! Just don't have any hostas to trade yet. I put a couple in 2 years ago, but they are barely poking up this year and so far didn't multiply   >:(

Offline Jennie in MT

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2007, 07:01:02 PM »
Bless your heart, LeeAnne!  I just had my 43rd this past Friday.  That is my mom in the pic with our last bottle baby Lily.  If I can be as healthy and vibrant when I am 67 as she is now I will count myself very lucky!

Offline LeeAnne151

• Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2007, 08:43:19 AM »
 :D  I'll be 44 in August. Your mom does look vibrant and healthy. :)
~LeeAnne~

Robert A. Heinlein

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"