Author Topic: Bonnie's Colorado (i think)  (Read 1667 times)

Offline thedahlialama

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • just grow it
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • my photobucket site
Bonnie's Colorado (i think)
« on: June 27, 2007, 09:51:40 PM »
first i have to say a big thanks to Bonnie for sending me Colorado in a trade last year. it arrived huge with gorgeous blooms and i immediately fell in love with this lily. i never saw a bloom of my own as it was late in the season and not enough time for it to adjust to its move i don't think. i've been waiting patiently as others posted their beautiful pics of colorado and i finally get to show mine - i think. see, i forgot to put my labels in the pots while they were still blooming and lost a bit of track. this is the first bloom and is a bit more to the pink side than the true peach ones that arrived on my colorado. however, i have nothing else in my pond that would come up pinkish on the first bloom. both georgia peach and peace lily are more inclined to come up yellowish or pale pink. this bloom has all the vibrancy and subtle detail of variation of the colorado. whatever it is, it's beautiful!! this is just the first day bloom.

and a couple a days ago - the last day of my unknown changeable that folks say might be sioux but seems a little big to be sioux as far as i can tell.

and if i eventually figure out that that isn't Bonnie's colorado, i guess i'll have to post another pic of the real one and say big thank you's all over again!! ;D
Our Pond & Watergardens
paradise should be at home

ed

Offline perplexed ponder

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 27/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Bonnie's Colorado (i think)
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 03:36:28 AM »
I just got a Colorado in a trade too, so I dont' know if that's it or not, but it's lovely!!
Kathy

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 08:36:41 AM »
Look'n good, nice pics.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline Double S

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 01/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 09:03:42 AM »
Sometimes some of my Colorados first year bloom is more pink too. Not only is it pretty it's a GOOD bloomer too! 

Even my shade pond Colorado has 3 blooms today.  One in my big pond, has 6 blooms today.  They just don't stop! Gotta luv 'em!

Offline Desertponder

• Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 12:04:36 PM »
Geeze, everyone's Colorado looks so pink compared to mine.

Your other lily does look like it could be Souix. It also looks similar to Paul Harriot.
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline maryvonne

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My photo albums
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 09:52:04 PM »
Colorado is a pretty lily. Mine has just started blooming.

Maryvonne
Maryvonne
Surrey B.C.
Canada

zone 7-8

Offline thedahlialama

• Members
  • just grow it
    • View Profile
    • my photobucket site
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2007, 05:23:02 AM »
here is a second day bloom - looking a bit paler but opened a bit further despite there being no real sun most of the day. also took a funny tilt towards where the sun comes up. must have started the day looking for all the help it could get!!  :o

here's a distance shot with peace lily on the other side. little white blooms in the background are watercress and the huge green pads in the front are the galdstoniana that just arrived from perplexed ponder (thanks Kathy!!)

Our Pond & Watergardens

ed

Offline thedahlialama

• Members
  • just grow it
    • View Profile
    • my photobucket site
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2007, 05:43:30 AM »
and here's a close up of peace lily. third day and it finally opened up to something more than tulip shaped!

Our Pond & Watergardens

ed

Offline tootsie

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Meet Christian, my newest Grandson :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2007, 06:51:27 AM »
Beautiful pictures O0 Mine just started blooming 2 days ago, but the hot sun was out and I could not take a good picture! They all close up starting at 3:30 in afternoon  >:(-

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2007, 06:59:53 AM »
Great pictures!
Colorado is one of my favorite w.lilies . Mine blooms' all the time too .
Nice picture of your Peace lily ! I got one this year & it's only bloomed one time so far .
bonnie

Offline thedahlialama

• Members
  • just grow it
    • View Profile
    • my photobucket site
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2007, 08:57:29 PM »
tootsie - i think you got so excited at that mayla bloom you couldn't hold the camera still!! i had my first mayla bloom today from a plant i got the day before. i can see how exciting they can be! i'll be posting pics in a few days.

bunny - got my peace lily last year and it was one of the most prolific bloomers by season's end. starts a bit sporadic but then really takes off with successive blooms. be patient  ;)
Our Pond & Watergardens

ed

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2007, 09:53:46 PM »
Ed you just wait.. you will have LOTS Of blooms from Colorado this summer!

I was going to get rid of my Peace Lily waterlily but after seeing your pix. you changed my mind!

Offline tootsie

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Meet Christian, my newest Grandson :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2007, 04:07:29 AM »
Ed, are you sure?? It's a Mayla? Either I lost the tag or it never had one!  Oh boy now I know her name  @O@

Offline thedahlialama

• Members
  • just grow it
    • View Profile
    • my photobucket site
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2007, 09:48:08 AM »
tootsie, don't go getting too excited because i thought it looked like a mayla from one fuzzy pic. but the color seems to be right as well as the general shape of the flower and petals. perhaps you can calm down long enough to take a detailed pic that some real lily connoisseurs can take a gander at. i am the next to last person you would want to consider an expert at lily identification (do you remember the title of this thread ;D )

bonnie - nothing i would love more than lots of colorado blooms! if you've forseen it, it must be true  o(:-)
another thing i remember about peace lily is that it is one of those that goes thru some pretty big changes as the season goes on. i suspect it will be less yellow and more cream with a darker pink by season's end if it acts like it did last year. not quite as consistently dramatic as georgia peach and mangkala ubol were, but not far behind. it's certainly a keeper in my book!
Our Pond & Watergardens

ed

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"