Author Topic: New Pond movie  (Read 1212 times)

Offline mascot

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
New Pond movie
« on: July 03, 2007, 08:10:12 PM »
In the past few months I've noticed that there were two areas in the pond that didn't get much circulation, and the water was pretty rank.  So I decided to do away with the fountain and use the pump to distribute the water to the two spots and already I've noticed it clearing up a little.

I split the outlet with a T and put one end over by the deck behind some rocks just to circulate.  And at the other end I used some leftover liner and made an area for the water to trickle down a couple pieces of slate, and into the pond.  It doesn't move real fast, but when the video zooms in you can see the water coming from the edge and down a piece that I have angled into the water.

Please ignore the dying lily leaves, and the little thingy that looks like a turd behind the fake turtle!   ;D

New stream video
*pelase note this is a 7 meg file, so dial up may take a while.  enjoy!
I'm broke and can't afford to pay attention, so you might have to lend me an ear.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: New Pond movie
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 08:52:23 PM »
 ;) Nice Video!  I had to laugh when I saw what you were referring to on the new waterflow  lol lol

B&W Koi is a whopper! ;D

Offline mascot

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 06:48:33 AM »
thanks! I started the camera and that koi was in the shot so I just followed it around....so peaceful.  I have 3 koi and got them all two years ago at about 4-6 inches.  Now...haven't measured, but I'm guessing about 14 inches give or take.  Hopefully they won't outgrow the pond - if so I may need to go bigger! (not exactly ready for that though!)
I'm broke and can't afford to pay attention, so you might have to lend me an ear.

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 08:36:38 AM »
I can understand why you don't want standing water. 

But I had heard that dragon flies like still water (and so do lilies), and at one time I was actually trying to come up with a way to get a spot in the pond or bog like, to attract them to lay eggs.  But since, I've seen them laying eggs in the pond.  Hopefully the hornwart that covers the top will keep the fish from finding them.  And hopefully they can spend their 1-2 years on the bottom (but I've no muck down there for them to hide in) and can grow up.

I like that orange-and-black koi.  I managed to find one for my pond, but he was too imature and fragile, and didn't last two weeks.

Nice video. 

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 08:50:14 AM »
What a GREAT video, and that's a nice trickle into the pond, just enough to keep the water moving.  Beautiful koi, but I especially loved your background music!  I love that song "WILDFIRE"! o(:-)
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline mascot

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2007, 01:41:39 PM »
thanks...it's working well here on the second day.  I had to get a little creative with it but I like it.

I do have a few still areas by the falls that do well for the dragon/damsel flies, but the two areas that I have water moving to now are in the main pond area and the water there gets pretty potent, if you know what I mean!  lol

My "catch pond" is sort of my bog area, the water flows through there pretty good but I do have a couple areas within the rocks that don't get a whole lot of flow.  I have a few dragon flies that hang out there.  I have blue damsel flies and red dragonflies that hang out each summer

Offline kaz

• Members
  • With us since: 18/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2007, 05:18:37 PM »
That was enjoyable viewing :).  Your water looks lovely and clear now :).  Haha about the 'turd' thingy!  Great to see you've attracted the wildlife.

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2007, 08:00:19 PM »
I enjoyed you movie, you did a great job on it.  Your dragonfly/damsel fly pics are great.  Your KOI is huge but beautiful.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline mascot

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 07:16:36 AM »
Thanks, everyone!  I enjoy putting these little movies together.  I need to buy some real software now and see what I can do.  Currently, I only have the "Movie Maker" program that comes with XP (for more than two years I didn't even know I had it!).  It's pretty easy and I'm learning as I go along, but it's somewhat limited. 

For a lot of my videos I try to time the pictures with the music, sometimes that just works out  but most of the time I have to clip here and there and make adjustments.  It's time consuming but lots of fun.   

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"