Author Topic: Another round of Chemo for Braeden  (Read 1421 times)

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Another round of Chemo for Braeden
« on: July 03, 2007, 05:44:08 AM »
started yesterday. Thus far he seems to be doing well. The first Chemo was this same mixture of drugs as this time and it totally knocked him for a loop. So I'm hoping he will continue tolerating it better. As far as we know, this is the halfway mark on the number of treatments.

I am taking his brother and sister down to have lunch with Mommy today. I am honored that she will trust me to take care of him while she leaves her little son.

I think she about fainted the other night when they came home from her birthday dinner and saw him catching water in a cup from the pitcher pump that feeds the little pond, to dump in the pond. I suspect she would think the pond water wasn't clean. That one doesn't have fish and is not green at all.  I was holding on to the back of his shirt so he couldn't fall in but he didn't mind.

Offline Esther

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Another round of Chemo for Braeden
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 06:15:19 PM »
Cool, I'm replying to my own post.

Went down to take care of Braeden while Dawn went down to lunch. He greeted me at the door with a big smile and "HI BAMMA." We played a bit and then his lunch came so I rigged him up with the highchair and he wolfed down his "shicken" and sauce (applesauce). He was very cheerful and was doing well. Then I took the two other kids and went to lunch. On the way out, I saw signs that they were having a blood drive so stopped to donate. The kids had to wait an hour but were very good.

Offline Sandye

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 17/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 10:28:10 PM »
I'm glad he's doing better this time, Esther.   Your stories remind me so much of MDBB (my grandson, Braden) when he was that age.  He used to call me "Gamma" and always had a big smile for me.  Two year olds are sooooo precious.   o(:-)

I pray Your Darling Baby Boy tolerates the rest of the treatments well and recovers completely.   :hug:

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
  • With us since: 28/04/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 04:09:20 AM »
You and the child are in my prayers also Esther. I know that he is in good hands.

Never leave your partner, especially in a fire.

Offline barb

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Connecticut
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 04:28:13 AM »
That sounds so much better than previously, what wonderful news!  I am hoping, and still praying, for a quick and full recovery. 

Offline CliffandJoann

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 19/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • CJ's Adventures in Ponding
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2007, 06:58:18 AM »
Bless his little heart.  o(:-)

God speed a full and quick recovery for little Braeden

Offline Jonna

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2007, 12:19:48 PM »
He's such a strong little trooper.  Give him an extra hug for all of us.  Here's hoping this round does the trick.

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2007, 12:59:28 PM »
There is just NOTHING like being able to leave your child in the care of your mother and know that they will be taken care of exactly the way YOU would.  Blessings to you Esther and to little Braedon and the rest of the family. o(:-)
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2007, 05:16:49 PM »
Luann, what is so cool is that I am the MOTHER IN LAW of Dawn. UM, spose I dare tell you she wouldn't leave him with her mother? She won't even leave the older ones with her mother. Don't get me started on that.

Offline frloplady

• Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2007, 08:23:43 AM »
Esther then I'm glad you can be the mother to her that it sounds like she never had.

Blessings to you and her and the babies!
Mary

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"