Author Topic: Lily rizome question  (Read 727 times)

Offline tracey_shafer

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Lily rizome question
« on: July 09, 2007, 12:00:13 PM »
I had a huge lily rizome in a bucket of pond water waiting to ship out today and the DH was doing yard work in the heat yesterday and dumped it out on the ground. (I was not feeling well and stayed in out of the heat). I found it today and soaked it in pond water then wrapped it papertowels wet with pond water. Since I was just adding it to another lily for postage only I went ahead & shipped it and let the person know what had happened. Does the rizome stand a chance of being alive?

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Lily rizome question
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 03:57:49 PM »
Tracey, it's hard to say yes without seeing it in person but I'd bet that it's okay. 
Hope you are feeling better.....

Tell that DH, no more trashing the lilies! {nono}

Offline tracey_shafer

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
    • View Profile
Re: Lily rizome question
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 04:50:08 PM »
Thanks, he thought it was just roots. I should have floated it in the pond or tank but after being in the heat for awhile I get alded brained. {:-P;;Louann also tells me it should be ok, it was about 8 inches long and purty big around & the Dh thinks he dumped it about 3pm. I found it first thing this morning.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"