Author Topic: For those Hardy water lily experts  (Read 757 times)

Offline El Jefe

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
  • With us since: 09/11/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
For those Hardy water lily experts
« on: July 08, 2007, 06:20:52 PM »
Okay so as I am walking around my pond trimming off the dead or dying pads and as I exit my pond I notice some small pads growing from under some pond weeds close to the shore. I dug it up, no tuber, just roots.... Hmm  could it be that my Hardy lilies are spreading by seed? to date I have not had this happen and I have had some Lillies in there for about 2 years.

The Lilies that reside in my pond are,
n. Odorata
n. Sunny pink
n. Colorado
n. Escarboucle
n. Berniece ikins
n. James brydon
n. Joey tomocik
n. Texas dawn
n. Lemon mist
n. Gloire Temple-sur lot (possibly a hollandia waiting for the bloom)

My guess is the ordorata :search: or the joey mostly due to the look of the young pads (pink underneath solid green on top)  is spreading via seed but it could be any of them right?
    At any rate I potted it and dropped it back in. I guess time will tell.
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Offline GAjen

• Members
  • With us since: 17/05/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: For those Hardy water lily experts
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 08:50:09 AM »
I'm no expert but had something similar happen turned out it was a Colorado. Love your collection of hardies. I'm easing my way back to all hardies, with the exception of two tropicals I will be keeping.

Offline El Jefe

• Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
  • With us since: 09/11/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: For those Hardy water lily experts
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 04:56:34 PM »
Tim....Sean you know a bit about propagation, Thoughts?
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"