Author Topic: Mini-garden with succulents and sedums. New pics added 7-11-07  (Read 4693 times)

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Mini-garden with succulents and sedums. Missing the mini pond
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2007, 07:28:28 PM »
I have spent all weekend thinking and wishing I could be doing mine.. I think for my first one I am gonna do one in a small enuff pot to make a centerpiece for my table outside and I think I am gonna make it all rustic.. build everything with sticks and twigs and make some minautre cement pots etc. :)

I could get addicted to this.. I love all the ideas, pictures etc!

tinkster

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Mini-garden with succulents and sedums. New pics added
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2007, 03:28:14 PM »
Took a few more pics of it today, give ya a better idea of what I have going on....I still need to paint 2 more bird houses.  I didn't like the stand I had the pot on, so I took one of my big pots and flipped it upside down.  Do ya like my green water through the rails, my UV on that pond has quit working.  DH didn't put it up last fall, and left it under the deck where I believe water froze in it, it has a crack.  He needs a kick in the behind for that.

Kim
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 03:33:26 PM by Ky Kim »

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline luvmyasagis

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 19/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Mini-garden with succulents and sedums. New pics added 5-21-07
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2007, 05:54:30 PM »
Hey everyone I know someone who does hen and chicks for about 2 dollars each I can point her over here if you want me to. I bought some from her today as well as a Japanese maple. Let me know
Have a blessed day

Offline luvmyasagis

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 19/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2007, 04:43:59 AM »
Here is a couple of her pictures I am going to try and get more. She is moving and trying to get rid of her plant collection.
Have a blessed day

Offline tinkster

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2007, 05:51:04 AM »
Kim I just love that!  The stand is perfect like that.  I still havent got to start mine.. get ready for a ton of company :(  darn I want to get mine started.

tinkster

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2007, 07:06:20 AM »
Oh, btw Tinkster...........I won two ebay autions.  One is a mini patio set and the other is the white table and 2 chairs with umbrella.  I'll take a pic when it gets here.  I'm gonna half to build me something else to keep my mine garden in.  Or should I be saying, making another.  I've got to have it high enough to keep the puppy out of it for now.  She still thinks all things are her toys.

Kim

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2007, 08:56:04 AM »
I love your mini garden. I planted one very similar to it last summer with the group buy we did. Got it all planted and set it out by my whiskey barrel water gardens and I came home from work and found that one of the dogs had rototilled it all up. Ruined everything. >:(
I've bought a number of succulents, sedums and echeverias from Walmart this month. They had one of those rolling racks inside the door that was full of all kinds of succulents, sedums, etc. Most of the smaller sized ones were only $1.77 each. :)

I would be interested in doing a group buy on them again this year.
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2007, 09:21:05 AM »
Kim, very cute!

Esther, that gazebo is darling!

Anyone looking for groundcover sedums? I have loads of Dragon's Blood Sedum and a bright green one too, blooms white, can't remember the name. I have green hens and chicks with a dark cast to them also. The sedums are too aggressive for miniature plantings. I would send for postage. I am going to rip out a lot of it.

~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2007, 12:52:16 PM »
luvmyasagis >>> those are good looking hens and chicks.

Kim

Offline perplexed ponder

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 27/03/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2007, 02:07:08 PM »
That looks lovely! I bet you could plant something in the upside down rim of the bottom pot too.
Kathy

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2007, 02:37:02 PM »
Hmmm, Kathy great idea  ;D

Kim

Offline Yacht Lady

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2007, 07:25:23 AM »
Kim,

I just stumbled across this post.  I must say you have done wonderful things with your semps and sedums.  Some of your's look better than the ones I pulled them from.  Great job.  Maybe this is one of those times the teacher need to take lessons from the student!!!!

Karen

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2007, 09:32:32 PM »
Look at how much it has changed already this year.  Now that the cat is out of the bag, you can see how pitiful my plants were I started with and where I got them, I paid pretty good for them too.  :really: and they had grown some already before I took those first pics.  I wish I had pics of it from last year still.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 09:43:07 PM by Ky Kim »

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
Re: Mini-garden with succulents and sedums. New pics added 7-11-07
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2007, 08:10:21 AM »
Your mini garden grew in very nicely and the new birdhouses are cute.  I like the little pup  8)

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2007, 08:32:24 AM »
Wow, they look great! I wish some of mine would do better but they just seem to sit there.
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2007, 02:36:03 PM »
I painted that dog in ceramics class some 13 years ago or so.  I just happened to come across it and thought I would just sit in it a pot somewhere.

Kim

Offline tinkster

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2007, 06:57:50 PM »
thats is stunning! I am looking for a old big wheelbarrow.. I want to do my first one in it and have it on my patio or possibly close there with flowers at the wheelbarrows feet.

tinkster

Offline milliemax

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 02/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2007, 10:36:24 PM »
  I've been getting mini succulents for a few yrs from this strange guy at the flea market who, after probably 3 yrs, still doesn't recognize me! LOL I divide them, and put themin the GH.
  I find old planters for a buck or 2.
  I keep the succulents in the GH where they thrive, then plant them in these odd old containers. By Xmas, they are partially filled in and I just find a gnome or something interesting, add a few stones here and there and BOOM I have a great Xmas gift!
 EVERYONE who has recieved one loves it!
 Dopey me (who also has a bunch of dollhouse furniture) didn't think to go to the mini store! I won't pay their prices though!
  Nancy
Nancy-going crazy! Want to come?
USDA zone 8, No CA

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"