Author Topic: I tied the knot....  (Read 857 times)

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
I tied the knot....
« on: July 17, 2007, 08:53:14 PM »
What I dummy!!!  {nono} Isn't there a law for the pull strings on window blinds to be individual lines without loops or a knot tying 2 strings together?  Well I nearly broke the tail of one of my new wakins in the QT. 

Here's how I did it: I have a fake hand water pump recycling water into my QT tub.  Water pouring out of its spout splashes way too much.  So, like a dummy so proud of herself, I tied a long piece of string folded 4x and looped it around the top of the spouts handle.  The string hung down into the water about 4".  The water pours down the string real nice and stops the splashing. 

OK, here's the dumb part: I tied a knot at the lower end of the string, just because.  This string sort of floats loosely about in the water.  When I checked in on the newbies I almost had a heart attack seeing the string around ones tail struggling  :o

learned my lesson

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: I tied the knot....
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 09:15:29 PM »
Ooops, glad you caught it in time.  It did sound like a good idea though.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 10:08:13 PM »
THE STRING NOW HANGS A GOOD INCH ABOVE THE WATER

JUST MESSED UP MY COMPUTER TOO  >:(

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 05:29:58 AM »
I saw a thing on Montel the other day warning about the strings on window blinds and the danger of children strangling because of them.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"