Author Topic: Cruising to Virgin islands.. St Peter Greathouse botanical gardens....  (Read 806 times)

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Going on a cruise in October and trying to plan the excursions.. one of the options is  """"""Estate St. Peter Greathouse & Botanical Gardens
Tour the contemporary estate house featuring local artists' work; walk among more than 500 varieties of meticulously tended plants and trees; and view some 20 other islands from three levels on this 3-acre former corporate retreat."""""

anybody ever went or heard of it.. want to make sure its worth the hefty fee :)

tinkster

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Never been to the Islands but I'm an expert at carrying luggage though...heh heh.

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
Sounds like a great cruise.  Lucky you.
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
I have never been on a cruise but friends and family who do cruise a lot say to never pay for the cruise line's shore excursions. That you can always get together with other cruisers and take local taxis or other transportation to see local attractions. My cousin says taxis come to the docks on every cruise she has taken. When I picked her up when her Alaskan cruise stopped at Astoria OR, I did see several and there were hundreds of cruisers walking off the ship and dispersing in all directions. Towns where cruise lines stop are ready for tourist dollars and make it easy.

Some people like to play it safe and take the shore excursions but there are options. Do research in advance for sure.

I got a brochure for a Hawaiian cruise and was appalled at the prices they wanted. Must be how they make up their profits. No way would I pay them. You can even rent a car in advance if you are going to be in port over night or for a long day. Which is what we are going to do in Honolulu and Kahalui Maui if we go on this cruise.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"