Author Topic: PetSmart $2 Lilies - What Kind Container & How Deep Under Water Should They Go?  (Read 630 times)

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
All four of my bargain lilies are padding out.

Right now, they only have a few inches of water above the surface of the pot of dirt they sit in.

I'm thinking I need a rubber tub or galvanized container or something. 

What do you suggest keeping them in, if they're not going to be in the koi pond?  And how deep should they be underwater?

I have a VERY small yard (really, it's a courtyard) and there is virtually no room for one more wet area.  But I just fell in love with the idea of getting lilies to grow, so now I need some kind of (compact) housing that's bigger than the RubberMaid 5-gal. tubs I'm currently using.

Offline livetogarden

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
I was at Wal-mart a bit ago. They have some really pretty planters that are nice and big made from that styrofoam stuff so they are lightweight. They have one that's probably about 24" tall and 20" across the top if not even bigger than that. It was brown. That would look really nice, nicer than just totes.
zone 5b

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"