Author Topic: Count 'em Two Shows Day Two  (Read 938 times)

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Count 'em Two Shows Day Two
« on: July 28, 2007, 02:19:12 PM »
 :D ;D :D OK so it's not 80 blooms but in my world 2 blooms is magical.  Especially since my old stand-by Queen of Siam is still pumping them out.  A purchase from Kat came with a gift bloom from Wood's Blue Goddess in the Lily Pond.  This morning they were just opening for the 1st time. 

Loving my Trops!  Enjoy my world!  8)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 04:20:15 PM by miguynmkoi »

Offline Ruthie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • Monique
  • With us since: 08/07/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Count 'em Two Shows
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 03:12:53 PM »
Those are GORGEOUS!  You are making me want some tropicals o(:-)

Offline maryvonne

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My photo albums
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 09:51:10 PM »
Very nice photos. Tropicals are wonderful! Worth the extra work of over wintering them.

Maryvonne
Maryvonne
Surrey B.C.
Canada

zone 7-8

Offline mystic dragonfly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 08/07/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 09:21:33 AM »
Your lillies are wonderful.I just love them.How lucky you are. 8-)~I wish I could grow those here.I do hardy lillies,(only have 2 awhite and a yellow).It's just hard to grow anything that requires a long season.We are in a colder climate,with short seasons. :'(It gets hot enough in the summer,it's just that it takes so long to get anything big enough to bloom.I live in the central Oregon desert.I do love it here thou.Just have to admire yours. O0

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 02:56:56 PM »
My Queen of Siam actually sits in partial shade with only an hour of full sun because she shares residency in the fish pond.  She over winters easily at the bottom depth of 24" with small pads.  This past year I also had too many things going on to take good care of her.  Normally she blooms like crazy, with fertilizer, but this year no special potting, no nothing.  She's also over crowded now too.  She will take the back seat while I fuss with a bunch of new lilies I recently purchased.

Day 2 Photos attached.
Day 3 The Queen Rules but the Goddess is fading.

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2007, 03:55:41 PM »
Very pretty!  O0

I'm trying trops for the first time this summer. I have five of them, 4 of which I got last fall and one this summer. Only one of them has gotten big enough to bloom. The others are just sitting there putting out teeny pads.
The Lavender Lace I have bloomed and its awesome. I'm just not sure that I can get some of the others to bloom. The growing season is just too short here as well. The hardies will be winding down in about 3 to 4 weeks so I know the other tropicals are not going to get large enough to bloom by then.  :'(
I envy those who live in climates that have a longer season.
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"