Author Topic: Think its hot enough to make the devil sigh.........  (Read 1159 times)

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Think its hot enough to make the devil sigh.........
« on: August 05, 2007, 03:16:19 PM »
My goodness its hot.  Starting to feel like a hermit staying in the house, too hot to go outside and do anything.  Today it was up to 95, but that Heat Index that's the nasty part feels like 106.  So hot and humid out, theres a good wind blowing.  Kinda feels like a giant hairdryer out there.  The wind is even hot.  Guess that's what we get for it being mild most of the summer.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline milliemax

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 02/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Think its hot enough to make the devil sigh.........
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 05:41:21 PM »
  We just got back from Italy. The week before we left it was 79* in Rome. This week it's about 85*. The 2 1/2 weeks we were there it was between 90* and 105*!!!!!! I think we got lucky being on the coast for a few days when it was "only" in the high 80s/low 90s!
  It's nice to be home in Sonoma Co CA. Having a bit of a cool spell. Mid 70s.     Nancy
Nancy-going crazy! Want to come?
USDA zone 8, No CA

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 06:22:04 PM »
It really sucks big time when it's hot and humid.  Can't do anything outside and don't feel like doing anything inside. 

Luckily for a few days now it's been cooler in the low 80's and dryer.  I am able to stay outside and rearrange my newly potted lilies from Kat. Expecting more lilies too!  The fishies are growing too fast and are so amusing to watch.

Yeah, my house is still a mess....but it's hot out there.  At least that's the going excuse this month  ;D :D ;)

Offline Shawn

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 12/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 08:47:34 PM »
Only gonna get more hot according to the weather guys... If they have their way, it should hit near 100 and then some with the heat index this week.... :blowup:

Try and keep cool.. Drink PLENTY of liquids...
Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.
~ Mark Twain

Russell, Kentucky  Zone 5

Offline karen J

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 09:46:05 PM »
milliemax,
Wow, you just got back from Italy?  8)  The Santa Barbara Choral Society just had it's European performance tour there. I heard that the food was fantastic!

It's humid here, too. My hair looks like I stuck a screwdriver into an electrical socket.  ;)
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2007, 10:58:47 PM »
That heat and humidity must be yucky. 

A trip to Italy.  Now that must be nice.  I hope you returned with photos to share.  We have some friends who were there in June and they loved it.

We've been enjoying a relatively nice August thus far, high 70's to low 80's as Annette noted, although its been a little too humid for my level of comfort.  Actually, any humidity is too much :P

If I knew it was going to be this nice I would have had a pond party.... 
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 08:48:36 AM »
We're having higher humidity levels here than normal. Its awful!! The temps aren't that bad, been high 80's to low 90's for about a week now but around 45% humidity. It feels like you are breathing water!! We're used to around 12-15% humidity here. :( Its HOT and the swamp cooler doesn't work very well with the high humidity. I can't imagine living somewhere where its like this all summer long. Bring me back the dry heat, thank you very much!! ::)
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2007, 10:08:25 AM »
Shawn, yeah just heard the weather, ouch hot and sticky.  Right now only 1 pm, heat index is 101.  My two pugs are use to going out, to do their thing and getting to run around for about 20 minutes each time.  Right now, I let them go out do their thing and come right back in they're getting stir crazy I think.  Then my outside dog, my old lab which prefers to be outside, is inside.  He whines to go out, but I told him to get happy your not going out in this (he's such a well behaved dog).

Yeah, the humidity is the rough part.  When the humidity level says 89%, yuck.  To dang sticky.  Our backyard needs cut, and its like uhhh I'll do it tomorrow, the next day comes and again, I'll do it tomorrow.  Its not terribly tall, but needs to be cleaned up for a Birthday party this weekend. 

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"