Author Topic: Surgery ahead for Braeden  (Read 1381 times)

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Surgery ahead for Braeden
« on: August 06, 2007, 12:47:33 PM »
on Friday if his numbers stay up in the meantime.  It should require just a few days of hospitalization if all goes well. Then there will be a couple of strong chemos and the stem cells put back each time I would guess. Then radiation. There is such a strong chance of reoccurance of this tumor and/or not being able to "get it all", that they are treating it in the most agressive manner possible.

So Grandma gets the kids again. Woohoo!!

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Surgery ahead for Braeden
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 01:15:14 PM »
I pray that God will allow them to get it all, and it never comes back.  He's been through alot already, what a tough little guy. 

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 01:53:06 PM »
He's so cute and sweet. His little bald head has to wear a hat when he goes outside because it is so white and shiney. Such a little doll. He sits in his highchair in the hospital room and calls out to the nurses going by, "HI." Or when somebody knocks on his door, even when he is so sick, he hollars, "Come on in."

He went home this morning again after being hospitalized for 7 days following the last 4 day chemo and numbers crash. Chemo takes about 3 1/2 days and then he had gone home on Friday over a week ago but it was on the following Sunday they discovered this new free floating dead tumor thing and put him back in the hospital. Dawn says he begs, "Go home. Fire pit. Do mono monos." He loves to help roast marshmallows in the fire pit but doesn't really like to eat them.

Offline Pa Nancy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 13/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 08:26:48 PM »
Ahhh What a sweety. Prayers that the drs. can get it all, chemo kills it, and it NEVER comes back.

Offline karen J

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 09:19:14 PM »
Esther, I have always read your posts about Braeden and always say a prayer. Today is no different. He is such a cute and brave little boy, I just had to say that. He is a darling.
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 05:39:11 AM »
Thanks again everyone. It  is uplifting to know you will listen to my comments and give me a positive encouraging response. It helps.

Offline barb

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Connecticut
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2007, 08:46:24 AM »
He is a beautiful little boy!   o(:-)  I continue to pray for a full and complete recovery.

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2007, 10:51:43 AM »
Oh, he's so cute.  Look at those sticky fingers, what a darling.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline Jonna

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2007, 11:48:26 PM »
He's a doll! I'm glad he is holding up so well and still happy.  Good thoughts going to him and his family.

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2007, 08:53:46 AM »
Esther, I'm late getting here but of coarse we will listen and incourage you! You are a big part of this family. You all have been so much help to me threw my sarrows, I can't emagin not listing and praying for all of you in return. He is just a dolly, and I'l keep him and the team of Drs. in my prayers.
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"