Author Topic: Timgod Where are you?  (Read 3240 times)

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Timgod Where are you?
« on: September 05, 2007, 04:05:23 AM »
 :missing: Just wanted to let you know, I've missed your beautiful pics.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Timgod Where are you?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 05:47:05 AM »
Didn't I read him saying something about a vacation?  Or was it someone else????

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 10:07:01 AM »
It might have been him, hope that's all it is.

Kim

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 04:49:58 PM »
Thanks Kim for bringing up Timgod.  I miss his lilies too.  I need a shot of his lily photos to induce tending my ponds!

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 08:47:35 PM »
I really enjoy looking at his pics.  His lilies are beautiful, as his pics.

Kim

Offline Timgod

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Members
  • Houston, Texas Zone 9
  • With us since: 13/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Timgods Graphics
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 04:56:53 PM »
Hi ladies,
Glad to know I was missed. My wife lurks here quite a bit so if it seemed I was being rude I want to apologize.
I have not had but 1 day off in 3 weeks. I did take a vacation a month ago.

I spent 4 days in San Angelo with Ken landon. He is the owner, curator and master of all of the International Waterlily Collection. He knows more than just about anyone out there. It was a master class of sorts that I was able to learn a few tricks. As his pupil I wanted to help spread the word on his place, his knowledge and his discoveries. I took almost 1000 pictures over the 4 days including "2" new species. One that some know about and one that will cause waterlily books to be rewritten. I have spent what free time I have had {Not much...work sucks} creating a new website presence that will someday be a must visit spot for waterlilies on the web. I have not been posting here because of all of the time needed to get a new site up from scratch. Please go check out the site. 95% of the pix there are mine so you'll see a lot of new stuff. Also be sure to check out the new species and hybrid items. There is a lot of scientific material that I will be posting there as well once all of the red tape is handled from all of the agencies and universities that have any claim on it.

http://www.internationalwaterlilycollection.com/index.html

Please, if you go check it out, let me know your thoughts.

The big once a year party at the IWC is tomorrow. I had to fight to get off. Then I won't have another day off for at least another week or more.
I am driving all night tonight to get there in time for tomorrow morning, it is 8 hours away.
Over the next few weeks I'll probably put up a lot more new photos over there from the event.
I miss you folks too but am so swamped as I want this to be done right.

Tim
On a quest for the elusive lilies...

Offline Timgod

• Members
  • Houston, Texas Zone 9
    • View Profile
    • Timgods Graphics
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2007, 05:00:16 PM »
By the way... if you want to see one of the most drop dead gorgeaus lilie in existence, check out Ken's hybrid aussie... N. Blue Cloud.
He's been offered big money for it and it is easy to see why.

http://www.internationalwaterlilycollection.com/The%20Plants/Aussies/BlueCloud.html

As I say on the page... WOW says it all. These flowers were bigger than a basketball.

Tim

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2007, 08:27:29 PM »
I enjoyed the site. Especially about N. minuta. I grow those and love them.

Offline maryvonne

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My photo albums
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2007, 08:53:44 PM »
Nicely done Tim. You are off to a good start. I missed your photos too and am glad to see you are back.

Maryvonne
Maryvonne
Surrey B.C.
Canada

zone 7-8

Offline maryvonne

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My photo albums
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2007, 08:55:19 PM »
I forgot to mention that Blue Cloud is very beautiful. Your photo of it is gorgeous.

Maryvonne
Maryvonne
Surrey B.C.
Canada

zone 7-8

Offline Timgod

• Members
  • Houston, Texas Zone 9
    • View Profile
    • Timgods Graphics
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2007, 07:14:27 PM »
Thanks for all of the kind comments.

Vickie, just curious... where did you get minuta from? So far there are only a handful of people who have the material at this point.

Tim

Offline Sean

• Tropical Waterlily Guru
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • Sean's Ponds & Patio Garden
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2007, 07:57:31 PM »
I know Vickie has the real deal, I remember an offer on the Victoria Adventure mailing list and she got some. I think it was Walter Pagels that had the seed? I have some on the way to me as well.
I know Garet Uemura had N. minuta seed back in 2005 and grew out a few plants back then.

Cheers,
Sean
Vancouver BC Zone 8B
...........Click my Gif's............

Offline Timgod

• Members
  • Houston, Texas Zone 9
    • View Profile
    • Timgods Graphics
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2007, 09:26:34 PM »
Have they tried doing any crosses that you aware of? I am trying to get some pictures of crosses that have been produced through N. minuta for the site. I have pictures of about 6 different crosses that I am waiting on in the mail. So far everything I have seen is very promising. If anyone has pictures that they would like posted just let me know. I need at least 600* 400 etc and will give copyright credit to any growers or photographers.

Tim

Offline Sean

• Administrator
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2007, 09:48:49 PM »
I do not know if Garet did any crosses with minuta but he does do hybridizing so it is a possibility. I have not been in touch with him in quite a while.
I plan to do some crosses with it to see what comes up. I like the shade tolerance and small size. I want to cross it with my multi petal hybrids and see if I can make a smaller plant with more petals that blooms in indirect light.

Cheers,
Sean
Vancouver BC Zone 8B

Offline Timgod

• Members
  • Houston, Texas Zone 9
    • View Profile
    • Timgods Graphics
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2007, 10:06:16 PM »
I got back from the Lily Fest in San Angelo earlier this evening. I have pics of the cross that Ken had there. I am waiting on the other pics later this week. So far it is proving to be very fertile and the characteristics of N. minuta transfer to the progeny. If you get a cross with your multi petal hybrid please show it. Ken and I talked about some specific crosses he is going to make over the next year. It should prove exciting over the next year.

Tim

Offline Sean

• Administrator
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2007, 10:12:40 PM »
Would you mind posting the photo of the one Ken had there, I am interested to see the bloom.

Cheers,
Sean
Vancouver BC Zone 8B

Offline Timgod

• Members
  • Houston, Texas Zone 9
    • View Profile
    • Timgods Graphics
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2007, 10:22:38 PM »
Ken asked me to post them on the new site first. As soon as I get it up, hopefully tomorrow, I will send you a link. It is light blue, almost white but has pads with deep marmoration. There are already pics on the main N. minuta page I created at the bottom of the page showing the pads from 4 weeks ago when I was there.
http://www.internationalwaterlilycollection.com/The%20Plants/TropDay/minuta.html
It had blooms but they did not open while I was there then. We popped a bud to check color so I had an idea of what it would look like but got to see it for real yesterday.
G'Night,
Tim

Offline Timgod

• Members
  • Houston, Texas Zone 9
    • View Profile
    • Timgods Graphics
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2007, 09:07:48 AM »
Hey Sean,

I just posted the pics I took of Ken's 1st cross. I am awaiting a bunch more pics from Rick Edwards later this week hopefully.

http://www.internationalwaterlilycollection.com/The%20Plants/TropDay/minuta.html

Tim

Offline Sean

• Administrator
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2007, 11:03:08 AM »
Thanks for the link Tim O0

It looks to have a much more substantial bloom than minuta alone, I do believe this will be a great stepping stone plant in the evolution of new tropical waterlily introductions.

Cheers,
Sean
Vancouver BC Zone 8B

Offline Vickie

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2007, 02:23:31 PM »
Oh I am so excited. Now I  want to try and cross minuta. LOL maybe next yr. They are beautiful.

Offline Vickie

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2007, 02:36:22 PM »
Yes I got minuta from Walter Pagels off the list. I started the seed in 2005 and it bloomed for me in 2006. I posted the picture of it not knowing it was being studied and that I was not suposed to. I truly did not know what it was. Until I contacted Walter Pagels, and he told me it was minuta. Even then I did not know about the article coming out.

Offline Vickie

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2007, 02:47:57 PM »
Here is my minuta- and I got it to tuber

Offline Timgod

• Members
  • Houston, Texas Zone 9
    • View Profile
    • Timgods Graphics
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2007, 05:47:12 PM »
Very nice Vickie. I like it.
If you get any crosses please share what you come up with.

Tim

Offline Timgod

• Members
  • Houston, Texas Zone 9
    • View Profile
    • Timgods Graphics
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2007, 08:04:00 PM »
Hi all,
I've been working on the IWC site for the last few hours. I have about 15 new pages up devoted to a different lily on each. I also got through the red tape and posted the SIDA paper on N. minuta in case any of you were interested in it's origin and growth characteristics.

Tim

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2007, 12:12:40 PM »
Hi ladies,
Glad to know I was missed. My wife lurks here quite a bit so if it seemed I was being rude I want to apologize.
I have not had but 1 day off in 3 weeks. I did take a vacation a month ago.

I spent 4 days in San Angelo with Ken landon. He is the owner, curator and master of all of the International Waterlily Collection. He knows more than just about anyone out there. It was a master class of sorts that I was able to learn a few tricks. As his pupil I wanted to help spread the word on his place, his knowledge and his discoveries. I took almost 1000 pictures over the 4 days including "2" new species. One that some know about and one that will cause waterlily books to be rewritten. I have spent what free time I have had {Not much...work sucks} creating a new website presence that will someday be a must visit spot for waterlilies on the web. I have not been posting here because of all of the time needed to get a new site up from scratch. Please go check out the site. 95% of the pix there are mine so you'll see a lot of new stuff. Also be sure to check out the new species and hybrid items. There is a lot of scientific material that I will be posting there as well once all of the red tape is handled from all of the agencies and universities that have any claim on it.

http://www.internationalwaterlilycollection.com/index.html

Please, if you go check it out, let me know your thoughts.

The big once a year party at the IWC is tomorrow. I had to fight to get off. Then I won't have another day off for at least another week or more.
I am driving all night tonight to get there in time for tomorrow morning, it is 8 hours away.
Over the next few weeks I'll probably put up a lot more new photos over there from the event.
I miss you folks too but am so swamped as I want this to be done right.

Tim

Glad that your DW checks out the forum.. she needs to post though! ;)

Sorry to hear that you've been working so much.. but glad to her all is well.

Thanks for sharing the link and info!

Bonnie

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"