Author Topic: Carnivorous Plant Sources You Have Used  (Read 2515 times)

Offline kitfoxdrvr

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • Authorized Self Portrait?
  • With us since: 11/03/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Carnivorous Plant Sources You Have Used
« on: March 11, 2008, 08:22:52 AM »
I thought it would be great to see what mail order sources others have used to obtain their plants.  I bought last season from:

www.cobraplant.com

The plants I got were dormant, but with very healthy root systems/rhizomes and grew like mad in the boggy areas around my pond.  I bought several pitchers, Venus flytraps and sundews, and they actually threw in a couple of freebies!  Highly recommended!

Steve

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Carnivorous Plant Sources You Have Used
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 12:40:05 PM »
Check out the other posts here in the CP section and you should be able to find other sources too. 

I like the look but not sure if I can put them in my bog - with out it dying on me.  What in you opinion is a hard to kill CP plant for the pond?  I really like what Argos5 did with his Cobra Lily.

Offline CT

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 04:19:59 PM »
Good variety and prices here
www.californiacarnivores.com/
Kay

Offline Double S

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 01/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 09:28:01 AM »
I've been wanting some too now for over a year. I'm just worried they won't survive our winters. Most winters here I think would be ok. But this winter.....was a bad one, and I'm sure they would of died.

I wonder if I used pots, and then put them in the barn in the winter so it wouldn't be quite as cold?   :thinking:

Offline kitfoxdrvr

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • Authorized Self Portrait?
  • With us since: 11/03/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 10:57:04 AM »
Many of the pitchers are extremely hardy, living in cold Canada (and I am not talking about British Columbia, either).  Check out either of the two aforementioned sites and check their selections, you will be amazed, even in Zone 4!

Steve

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"