Author Topic: Would love to say hello to everyone1  (Read 1419 times)

Offline tizzylizzy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 12/09/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Would love to say hello to everyone1
« on: October 02, 2007, 09:42:03 AM »
Tizzylizzy here, was on the old forum before but dont know if alot people remember me...anyhooo...would like to say hello to all here and enjoy getting all the advice and maybe make a few nice friends here.
Sean is already helping me out with my tropical lily, if any others have any inputs feel free to let me know!
I look forward to chatting with all of you and I love this site!
 @O@
Just a quick note on me....love my pond and fish!  I have a 1200 gallon pond for 7 years now with approx. 30-35 fish, shubunkins, sarassa, goldfish and two koi. Named practically every one and they are all very friendly and love to be hand fed. I have the large fishmate filter system with the UV light and a bubbler going.
I have had terrible luck keeping any kind of plants in my pond the past 2 years, especially this year. I think its my koi destroying everything. they both are about 12 inches or more now and love to root around and nibble at everything I put in there.
Does anyone else have this problem?
How the heck do you keep shade and good balance with plants if the koi keep destroying them?
My tropical lily Red Ruby I got the beginning of August and raised the pot up to just about 2 inches under the water surface and theyve been pretty good at staying out it, I also put heavier rocks on the surface of the pot too.  I will definitely do that again to keep them out of the pots!
Well, hello again, and look forward to your comments!
tizzylizzy :)

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Would love to say hello to everyone1
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 09:18:43 AM »
Welcome tizzy, I know what ya mean about the Koi, my big guys mostly only bother mine in the early spring before feeding them starts and now after I have stopped feeding them. I'm thinking if they eat your plants all year maybe your not feeding them enough? Just my thought!
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline El Jefe

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
  • With us since: 09/11/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Would love to say hello to everyone!
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 09:36:50 AM »
Well Debbie already beat me to it but Welcome, or welcome back as the case may be. I  came over from another forum and I love this site. Sean and Jerry are awesome and Sean is constantly working behind the scenes to make this a great place to post  O0 Lots of great people here and I have learned a great deal!  looking forward to learning from you as well..

Again Welcome!!
Andy
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Offline Sandyd

• Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 09:55:02 AM »
Hi Tizzy,

I love this place also.  Lots of kind, helpful ponders here.

Glad you are here.

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 10:28:21 AM »
Hi Tizzy, I remember your name from the old forum. :) Welcome back! O0
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2007, 10:47:11 AM »
Sure do remember you from the old watergardening forum!

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2007, 11:09:13 AM »
Hi Tizzy ,
Welcome !

bonnie

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2007, 10:31:14 PM »
Hey there Tizzylizzy.  Welcome aboard. 

Do you have stones on the soil of your potted plants to keep the koi from rooting about?  If you haven't done so, consider feeding your koi sliced squash, oranges or watermelon?  Also try floating some loose leaf lettuce and peas.  It may take a few days before they realize it's a treat. 
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline tizzylizzy

• Members
  • With us since: 12/09/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2007, 08:16:58 AM »
Hello everyone! :D
I remember alot of your names from the old forum too!
Desertponder and Bonnie.....yes! So glad you remember me too!
happyoutside....I only feed my koi and other fish about once a day due to the heavy fish load I have. I start to feed too much more and the ammonia tweaks alittle and I dont want that!
Mikey...yes I do put heavier rocks on my plants...especially my tropical lily this year since its pretty expensive and I wanted to really give that baby a fighting chance!
ElJefe, Sandyd,bunny56lbc...nice to meet you and thanks for the warm welcome. I sure will try and bring any advice I learn to help out all of us if I can. Funny thing is most of the great advice I do learn is from all of you already! ;D
I will have to check out your ponds then, unless of course you make it easy on me and post them here...Im sorry but still have to learn how to post mine yet. As soon as I do, you will see mine!
Thanks again for the warm welcome, look forward to speaking to you all!
tizzylizzy ;)

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2007, 07:11:33 PM »
Yup, I remember your name too. Glad you are back with us.

My fish don't bother my lilies or dig in the dirt. I don't even have gravel or stones on the dirt's surface. I think they're a little slow or something. I've had some of them for 5 years and they just don't bother the lilies. They might nibble on the water celery but I don't really care.

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2007, 07:18:23 PM »
Esther, knowing what a PVC queen you are you probably have them trained to eat your pvc scrapps instead. lol just kidding! your lucky.
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline mcp

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2007, 06:53:31 AM »
Hi Tizzy, Do remember your name from old forum. Welcome to this board and can't wait to see pictures of your pond. :D You mentioned you did not know how to post pictures here. They are really easy to post right direct from your puter or can use anoter site such as Photo Bucket. For me much easier to resize and go direct. There is a good tutorial on it under the tab  Tutorials Articles and  pinned  helpful topics. The article is posting pictures.http://www.americanponders.com/forum/index.php?topic=1444.0 Makes things pretty easy for a dummy like me. Can't wait to see your pictures. O0
McKean County Pa. zone 5

Offline Pa Nancy

• Members
  • With us since: 13/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2007, 09:44:50 AM »
HI Tizzy, of course I remember you. I wondered where ya went to. Glad to see you back.  o(

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"