Author Topic: November pics....today...clear water!  (Read 1177 times)

Offline mascot

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
November pics....today...clear water!
« on: November 24, 2007, 06:13:02 PM »
I'm surprised...during the summer I had to rinse the filter about every 2 or 3 days, but now that the temps are down I haven't had to rinse it for almost a week!  And the water is still so clear...the bottom is about 26-28 inches below the surface.  You can see the baby wakin that showed up last year...he's getting pretty big! (the pale orange colored wakin)
I'm broke and can't afford to pay attention, so you might have to lend me an ear.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: November pics....today...clear water!
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 10:13:29 PM »
Very CLEAR water and beautiful fishies.  Your wakins are huge!  I have one of those solar fountains too but it stopped working almost 2 weeks after I bought it  :(

Offline mascot

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 10:46:24 PM »
Very CLEAR water and beautiful fishies.  Your wakins are huge!  I have one of those solar fountains too but it stopped working almost 2 weeks after I bought it  :(

yeah, I can't believe how fast that baby grew...here's a picture from July of '06...

By the way, I bought two of those fountains and am only using one, so if you want the other (or just the pump) let me know.  I'll make sure it's working first, because I haven't used it yet.
I'm broke and can't afford to pay attention, so you might have to lend me an ear.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 08:07:27 AM »
WOW!  Yeah it grew some!  What are you feeding your fish? 

Thanks for the offer of the solar fountain but I have decided not to do it again.  Mine could have broken from abuse.  Too much moving it around in and out of the water.  No matter, one less thing to worry about  :D

Offline mascot

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 09:21:28 AM »
When I started looking for food and asking what others used, someone had mentioned that they like Ultrabalance, so I started looking for them and who had it, and it turns out that it's made about five miles from where I live.  So I buy a 22 pound bag for about $45...even cheaper if I go through the local feed store since they now realize they can get it (they told me they couldn't before).

The fish are very healthy, it seems, and the koi were about 4-6 inches two years ago, and are now about 14-16 inches.  The wakins grew a couple inches this past year, and one shubbie grew about 4 inches.  I can't really say it's "good" because I'll never sample it, but the fish are growing!  lol

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"