Author Topic: Pond Maintenance and some preventive medicine  (Read 762 times)

Offline El Jefe

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
  • With us since: 09/11/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Pond Maintenance and some preventive medicine
« on: October 07, 2007, 02:17:45 PM »
So a 2 weeks ago my pool filter (sand filter) started leaking. I had it replaced and used the old one (after some ingenious repairs) on my pond. Unfortunately it may have been a little to late but we will see as winter kills off the algae bloom. here is what I put on the pond..... also my late bloomers..still giving me blooms.

Andy
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Pond Maintenance and some preventive medicine
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 04:33:17 PM »
Andy are you using sand, gravel, or ???

I don't know about using one for a mud bottom pond but for lined ponds many people have good luck with tweaking them to work.

Truthfully..... I always thought that one of the advantages of owning a mud bottom pond was that a person could just let nature take it care of a pond ????

btw, beautiful blooms! O0

Offline El Jefe

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
  • With us since: 09/11/2006
    • View Profile
Re: Pond Maintenance and some preventive medicine
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 05:41:50 PM »
The Big filter is a sand filter and a cartridge filter behind it....Just trying to keep the water as clear as possible to give the plants I planted in the bottom time to expand and balance things out naturally.  Have to have something in there to control the silt..... ::) Andy

Thanks for the comments on the blooms, I am really enjoying these Tropicals.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 06:33:40 PM by El Jefe »
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"