Author Topic: Queen of siam a Vivap?  (Read 675 times)

Offline El Jefe

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
  • With us since: 09/11/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Queen of siam a Vivap?
« on: October 13, 2007, 01:22:54 PM »
For all of those Tropical Lily gurus,  the QOS that I purchased from enzo earlier this year has put up some great blooms and big pads.  @O@  Now I am seeing new plants growing from the center of nearly every pad. I assume the plant grows there until the pad dies and drops to the bottom then plants itself in the bottom of the pond. If I wanted to harvest them to overwinter them in the Garage tank when is a good time to remove the plant? when is it too cold for a tropical? I ask because at the moment it is dropping down into the mid 60's at night and back up into the mid to high 80's during the day. Thanks Andy
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Queen of siam a Vivap?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 01:31:01 PM »
I think so....I've had my QoS for about 5 years now and I used to notice the little bumps.  This summer I saw a few and I learned they are vivips.  Unfortunately they never made it past grow to about half and an inch in roots or growth (very small pointy leaves).

See Sean's tutorial on how to save these vivips.  O0 

Offline maryvonne

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My photo albums
Re: Queen of siam a Vivap?
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 02:04:10 PM »
I have already brought my vipips in for the winter. They are in the greenhouse in tubs with aquarium heaters to set to about 70 F. This keeps them warn over night. We are still getting enough sun to keep them warm during the day. I am setting up my indoor tubs this week and will likely move them in as soon as it's ready. They will be kept under a metal hylide lamp until spring.
Maryvonne
Surrey B.C.
Canada

zone 7-8

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"