Author Topic: Couple Visitors to pond tonight.  (Read 1341 times)

Offline mcp

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Couple Visitors to pond tonight.
« on: October 24, 2007, 08:49:29 PM »
Had a couple a couple visitors behind pond tonight. Most of our beautiful  leaves are gone now after rain. First one a little far away but think you can still make out what they are. Second one  a little closer. Hope you enjoy. O0
McKean County Pa. zone 5

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Couple Visitors to pond tonight.
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 08:56:41 PM »
Oh how beautiful!  I saw them in the first pic right off.  Lucky you! (as long as they hurt your beauties, flowers, pond etc.)

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 05:27:16 AM »
You are so lucky to have wildlife like that come to your pond. My pond is in the front yard and I've seen them out back but never in the front. Your pond is looking good too.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 11:12:04 AM »
Wow what a beautiful backdrop!  Looks like a forest around your pond.  Love wildlife that leaves my pond alone  :D

Offline Indiana Karen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 04:12:33 PM »
Your pond and the surrounding area are lovely. o(:-)
A couple of days ago we were in our car pulling out of the driveway when a small fawn (must have been born late, still has all its spots) ran through our back yard and right past us.  Right behind it were two big dogs.  We both flew out of the car and ran after the dogs yelling at them.  They stopped and the little deer got away, this time. :'(
We don't have any idea who the dogs belong to, never had seen them before.  We have been seeing this little deer around our place a lot lately.

Karen

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2007, 05:59:46 PM »
Hope u don't have any Hosta's , deer love to eat them  {nono} and about everything else they can get ahold of.... ;D

Beautiful background behind u'r pond.

bonnie

Offline mcp

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2007, 07:04:01 AM »
Thanks for all the kind comments about my pond. We are very fortunate to live where we live. There is a forest right in back of our porperty. WE own about a 100 yards back into the woods, A total of 10 acres .We enjoy seeing the wild life come down as long as they don't bother the pond or flowers.I feed the deer all winter once hunting season is over and there is snow. Once you leave our property you can walk in old paper company land  for at least 10 miles with out seeing a house. Glad you  enjoyed the pictures. :)
McKean County Pa. zone 5

Offline barb

• Members
  • Connecticut
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2007, 08:52:58 AM »
That is beautiful!  I feed our deer apples in the winter, we have a lot of deer, too.  We have several acres of woods around us.  They can't get into my little pond though, I have a little fence around it.  I have seen them come up to the edge of the fence and consider trying to get to it, though.

What a terrible story Karen, I'm so glad you managed to chase the deer away.

Offline El Jefe

• Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
  • With us since: 09/11/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2007, 07:23:36 PM »
Awesome!! what else can I say? Awesome
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2007, 08:10:32 AM »
Nice pictures, I know we have them but it is rare to see them and when I do not quick enough to get a camera.  A lot of the young trees in the back woods have rubbings and in the winter, I'm always finding tracks to the pond opening, sometimes on the ice {nono}.
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"