Author Topic: New ! 500gal. goldfish pond writeup ! ( pics )  (Read 3847 times)

Offline Birth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 31/10/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: New ! 500gal. goldfish pond writeup ! ( pics )
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2007, 11:24:47 AM »
You have a beautiful pond!  Maybe you can assist me. 

I purchased a home recently, and a water-garden pond with gold fish came with the deal. 

When running the water pump, the water evaporates very quickly. 

I had someone come out, look at the pond and advise me.  He removed my water plant from the pond and pulled it apart (stating the plant needed to be pruned).  He told me to disconnect the hose from the pump to keep motion in the water.  Also, there is a leak somewhere; water runs around the side of the pond when running the pump.  I have a UV, but was told not to use it, mainly because of not knowing how old the bulb is, or if it needs to be replaced.  The seller left a net to cover the pond from debris and animals.  The seller told me that algae protection is also in the pond.

I'm very concerned for my fish, their behavior has changed.  They are swimming close to one another and very close to the edge of the pond.  My pond looks similiar to yours, pertaining to size and depth. 

Please advise.  I have read several articles on the internet, and have little knowledge concerning water ponds.

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2007, 04:24:08 AM »
Hi Birth, and welcome. You'll most likely get your answers here. You didn't say if that pump to the hose went to a waterfalls or a spitter or? Just moving the water doesent nessisairaly give the pond oxygen? Also you didn't say where you live so don't know if ice worries will be a problem. Maybe, if you have a falls a leak is in that? Or is it the pump is just pushing the water over the edge? You need to take a good hard look at it with both pump on and off then tell us what you found.also pictures are great if you have the means. Hopefully someone with more knowladge will chim in.
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Birth

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2007, 01:26:02 PM »
Absolutely beautiful!

Offline Birth

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2007, 01:47:55 PM »
Hello:

My garden pond with gold fish is in urgent need for repair!  I purchased a home recently which included the pond.  I have no knowledge for caring for pond, besides the articles I read on-line.  Two weeks ago I had someone come up to educate me on garden ponds.  He removed my plant with water lillies and pruned them down by tearing and pulling the roots apart.  Now my pond looks a mess (I will email you some pictures later).  My fish behavior has changed; they are swimming close to each other & close to the edge of the pond.  Please help/advise.  I'm very concerned!

Offline spanishleprachaun

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 12/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • ~Building ponds and waterfeatures in San Antonio, tx
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2007, 02:49:44 PM »
you have a PM Birth.

Would love to chat with you about you pond.  I am more than happy to educate you on many things concerning your pond.  I know right now with the leak and the LILLY DIVIDE for fall from what it sounds, is concerning, but stick with it.  Ponds can also be very enjoyable.

Call me
210 836 6892 any day of the week after 8pm.
Love talking pond and helping folks out ;)

c
Carlos
www.aquaticescapes.net
San Antonio, Tx
* I build-redo-fix-fishcare-tweak-improve- and occasionally fall in ponds ?!?! :)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"