Author Topic: Am meeting with Frloplady  (Read 2915 times)

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Am meeting with Frloplady
« on: October 17, 2007, 04:44:41 AM »
this morning. She's in Grand Rapids, clear from Washington state, showing her special rabbits at a huge show. Yes I'm taking a camera.

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Am meeting with Frloplady
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 07:59:04 AM »
You and Mary have a great time!

Offline Sean

• Tropical Waterlily Guru
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Sean's Ponds & Patio Garden
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 08:34:33 AM »
Enjoy the visit!
I really have enjoyed meeting forum members.

Cheers,
Sean
Vancouver BC Zone 8B
...........Click my Gif's............

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 01:16:21 PM »
Mary Whitney, Frloplady, one of our forum members, used to live in Grand Rapids many years ago. When she noticed I lived there, she PMed me about it a couple of years ago. Then the other day she told me she was coming to town with some of her rabbits. So we made an appt to meet up. Turns out there were 23,683 rabbits there. I had forgotten to take her phone number so couldn't call her. She didn't know what her cage # was when I last talked to her. All I knew was the breed of rabbits to look for, Mini Rex. As you could guess, there were gobs of Mini Rexes and I didn't know Mary's last name at that point. I didn't know her city either, just that she was from Washington. And of course I had never seen her. What were my chances of finding her? Not much. I asked that she be paged and they wouldn't do it. Eventually I spied some cages that said Don and Mary Ness from Wa. So I assumed that was her. Someone said that the mini rex people were in a meeting so I gave up and was going to tape a message to the rabbit cage. Up walks a lady and I appologized for stealing her tape. Told her I was going to tape this message that I was sorry I had missed someone. She wanted to know who I was looking for. "Mary!! From Washington?? We came together. Wait!" So she grabs up her phone and talks into it and sure enough, there comes a lady and says, "Esther?" "Yup." She threw her arms around me like a long lost friend. She then spent about an hour taking me around and teaching me about show rabbits. It was so much fun. I wanted one of each color and breed. But decided that Smokey and Mittens might not welcome another pet. I also decided that Pete would have my head examined if I brought one home.

Here is Mary and Suri. I think she said she took 6th place in best of show of that color Mini Rex. I also think Suri was one of about 50 of the same color and breed.

This one is about 8 months old so a Young Buck. But I don't remember his name or breed. She had just purchased him because he was so friendly. He's going to be a big fellow in a few more months.

This was the other Mary's rabbit that I thought was the lady I was waiting for. I thought it was cute because of the shading of the nose and ears, kinda like a Siamese cat.

Oh, there was a craft show too where people were selling things having to do with rabbit care or craft related items. You are going to croak when you hear I bought 3 sticks of rabbit sausage. Boy is it good!

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 04:25:50 PM »
Glad you found her!
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2007, 06:52:40 PM »
That's so cool that you were able to meet each other.  Cute rabbits.
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline Sandye

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 17/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2007, 08:50:41 PM »
I'm glad you found her, Esther and I'm glad you had a good time visiting (and touring).   @O@

Thanks for the pictures!   O0  Suri is very pretty, but I think that big silver-gray one is gorgeous.   o(:-)

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2007, 04:37:04 AM »
Sounds like you had a good time.  Those are such cute bunnies.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2007, 08:30:50 AM »
Cool! DH and I used to show rabbits years ago. We had the french lops and Californians.

Glad you guys got to get together. :)
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline Cindi

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2007, 08:40:30 AM »
Rabbit sausage?!   :o  I'm leaving that one alone!  Glad you found her..those bunnies are so cute!!  I love bunnies.   o(:-)
Cindi
Cedar Springs, MI , Zone 5

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2007, 10:17:30 AM »
I love bunnies too.

Want me to bring some of the sausage to my birthday dinner Cindi? Whoops, I bet it isn't on the Weight Watchers menu.

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2007, 12:37:47 PM »
Super photo, glad too.  o(:-) Esther has gotten to meet many ponders O0  Including this one {-) Mike! (Mikey)  edited
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 10:52:24 PM by Jerry »
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2007, 03:55:58 PM »
I've met Mikey too.  Oh and Cindi, LOL.

Offline Cindi

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2007, 06:22:54 AM »
I've met Mikey too.  Oh and Cindi, LOL.

LOL!!  I don't count.   
Cindi
Cedar Springs, MI , Zone 5

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2007, 11:22:20 AM »
Oh and Lorraine in May.

Last May, a bunch of us from another watergardening forum met up in Ashville, N. Carolina. I think there were 17 of us all together, including the "dragged along" spouses.

Offline Pa Nancy

• Members
  • With us since: 13/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2007, 01:14:57 PM »
Glad you got to meet. It is so fun meeting ponders.

We used to raise bunnies. They taste like chicken. LOL We had the gray and white one like in the pic. (I don't remember breess) Oh she was a NICE bunny, and we also had a Californian, to name just a couple. We also had a white lop ear, a buck he was MEAN! Needless to say he didn't stick around long for breeding.  {:-P;; Turned out I developed an allergy to them and had to get rid of them.  :(

Offline spanishleprachaun

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 12/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • ~Building ponds and waterfeatures in San Antonio, tx
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2007, 01:15:22 PM »
    Glad to hear you were able to meet !  Thats a great story about meeting her in the nick of time ;)  Beautiful rabbits !! When I was younger I had many diff types of rabbits from Dutch- Simease-Lop-dwarf-Netherland giant- Rex.  WOW !! what a beautiful rabbit Mary is holding !   I had my dutch litter box trained.  Did you know if you flip them on their back between your legs(sitting on a chair or couch) and stroke their sides- they go into a TRANCE !! You can leave them like that for a minute or two !! so freaky !!  Clap loudly, and they suddenly come out of it ,.. flipping over and wondering" what the HECK was that !?!?! " hahahah :)
Carlos
www.aquaticescapes.net
San Antonio, Tx
* I build-redo-fix-fishcare-tweak-improve- and occasionally fall in ponds ?!?! :)

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2007, 03:55:48 PM »
No Carlos, I didn't know that about rabbits. I knew it about my DH though.

Mary will probably read this when she gets home.

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2007, 04:55:07 AM »
So way fun guys. I too raised rabbits and showed them as a kid. My tilly took the blue at state! Then as an adult I raised them for meat. It really is yummy! My daughter raised her pet on in the house. She was a big black Newzeeland. It was easier to litter box train than cats. I think Mary and I should make it a point this spring to get together. In fact don't we have 2 form that same town? Maybe 4hrs from here.
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2007, 06:22:51 AM »
I think Mary is from around Cowiche, probably in the country seeing they have orchards.

Offline frloplady

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2007, 11:22:27 AM »
S0 sorry!! I haven't gotten back here sooner!  Had a weird trip back home, from a friend forgetting a rabbit we had to go back for (ONLY 1.5 hours out... :o ) to snow storm in Wyoming  :P  Not fun driving a truck/trailer 25 mph with 35-40mpg SIDE winds!!  Got home and hit the ground running.  Today is the first day I feel like I can sit and do nothing for a few minutes!

It was GREAT to meet Esther!  I will get my pics off my camera soon to share too!

Mary
Mary

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2007, 01:00:22 PM »
OH MERCY, Mary. I've been wondering about you and that long trip home. Too bad it was rough but glad you are finally home. It takes a while to catch up on everything I know. As for the pictures, you can leave one of them out. LOL. Just show the bunnies.

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2007, 07:00:25 PM »
 {nono} come on now Esther, that's not playing fair {nono} Remember I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours? Post them all mary! ;)
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"