Author Topic: Braeden's care pages update  (Read 1880 times)

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Braeden's care pages update
« on: October 30, 2007, 08:34:09 AM »
Happy Day 0!! Today is the "big" day, but you wouldn't know it by looking at Braeden! He is doing amazingly well so far, we are really surprised (pleasantly, of course!). He has some sores in his mouth, and is a little "off" his normal personality, he isn't eating or drinking still, but all in all he is far better than I expected at this point. I am almost afraid to hope that he stays this way, and every time he stirs in his sleep or wakes up I can't help but think, "Uh oh, here we go." But so far so good. He gets his cells around 5 tonight, and will get blood sometime tomorrow as his counts are dropping now.

Please keep praying! Pray for Kev and the kids at home, that God would give them peace when things are stressful and they are trying to fill roles they don't normally fill. Pray for Braeden and me at the hospital, that he would continue to do well, that I can care for him well if he doesn't, and that he and I would do ok with the isolation, and that I can keep my still-active boy busy and happy!

Offline frloplady

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Braeden's care pages update
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 11:15:57 AM »
Prayers for the family!!
Mary

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 04:48:47 PM »
Thanks Mary. Dawn said that he is in a bad way today. His mouth and little bottom is all sores. He just can't get comfortable and his immune counts have plummeted. But today they were giving him platelets so that may give him a boost.

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 06:11:07 PM »
Prayers for all  here too , Esther .

bonnie

Offline maryvonne

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My photo albums
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 06:51:52 PM »
Still sending good thoughts for all. Hope he starts to feel better soon. It's hard to see little ones suffer like that.

Maryvonne
Maryvonne
Surrey B.C.
Canada

zone 7-8

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 10:30:24 AM »
Thanks folks again. I just read another update and Braeden is pretty miserable and needed morphine last night because of the mouth sores etc. He mostly just wants his mommy to hold him and not move. And that is what she is doing.

Sadly, a teenager on Braeden's floor, who has had cancer several times in the past few years who died this morning. Needless to say, it affects everybody around there, the other cancer patients and their families and the hospital staff.

I was there Wednesday night and Austin's parents had just made the decision that day to stop all treatments for him. There were teenagers all over the place. Some were just sitting on the floor in the halls. Such a sad situation.

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2007, 10:59:41 AM »
Awww, that is so said.  I remember when my boys were in the NICU, and you would walk in and notice an isolete be missing.  You knew what happened, even though they weren't allowed to tell you.  You become a big extended family when your there so long, we were there for 5 months. 

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline Sandye

• Members
  • With us since: 17/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2007, 09:16:51 PM »
Poor baby.  :'(  I'll keep praying that he is feeling better soon.  Also offering up prayers for Dawn and for Kevin and the children at home.  I'm sure they will be happy when Braeden is well and this whole ordeal is over.   

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2007, 08:02:57 AM »
We took supper to their house last night and picked Eliana up from school. We took her home and both kids helped get supper on the table and Ian offered to clean up but we sent him out to play. Eliana showed me a book that had been sent to them by a family cancer support group. It was like a workbook and in a simple way it asked the child to answer questions about what was happening to their sibling and their family. Her answers were so simple, and trusting I about lost my composure. But she's only 6 and I'm sure doesn't really realize the potential here.

We stayed until Kevin came home at 9 so he spent about 4 hours at the hospital. I'm sure Dawn was glad he was able to come.

Again the news today is pretty sad as they have installed a morphine pump/drip so there is constant pain killer going in his body. His little tummy tries to upchuck but there's nothing coming up and sometimes it just keeps going. Evidently his face is swollen and his mouth and throat are so sore he won't even swallow his saliva so he is drooling all the time too. Kevin said Braeden tried to cry when Dawn left this morning to take the other kids to see a movie and his little cry was so pitiful. He just didn't have the energy to make much sound.

I was pleased to hear that Kevin and his brother in law will be tearing out the old carpet and installing new laminate flooring in the kitchen, dining area, and living room before Braeden goes home. Dawn will be glad to see that.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 03:07:36 PM by Esther »

Offline Jane

• Members
  • With us since: 11/04/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2007, 04:15:33 PM »
Esther, I am so sorry for little Braeden and even more so for you and the rest of his family.
I used to be a frequent poster, don't know if anyone even remembers me. 
I've been reading your posts for a while and just wanted to tell you that I understand your pain. 
My husband underwent chemo recently and the effects are so devestating.  The mouth sores are horrible.  I thought the mouth problems were from the radiation to the brain he received, but, from what you write, I guess it was the chemo. 
Braeden's picture was gorgeous, what a sweet little tyke.
Ya'll are in my thoughts and prayers.

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2007, 05:52:28 PM »
I keep praying for you all Esther. Poor little guy. Thank God he doesen't have to be dealing with a resparator too.
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline barb

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Connecticut
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2007, 10:53:47 AM »
Poor Braeden, it makes me cry just to picture his suffering.  He stays in my prayers, I hope he improves soon. 

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"