Author Topic: white film on tubers I'm trying to start  (Read 591 times)

Offline casey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 19/12/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
white film on tubers I'm trying to start
« on: January 06, 2008, 09:14:16 AM »
This is newbie Casey still playing with starting lilies.  I have vips from Queen of Siam and tubers from both Red Flare & Texas Shell in water at 90 degrees and 18 hours of grow light.  Soon I will add seeds from ??? (I harvested them in the nylons but forgot to label the different ones). I am doing better on the algae problem since I cleaned it all out and got rid of the fertilizer. 

My new problem is with the tubers.  Most are getting a light film of white on them.  It looks like a fungus to me and I am wondering if there is something I can do to 1) get rid of it and 2) keep it from coming back. 

Also, Sean said to put a bit of phosporous with the babies to promote root growth.  I bought "Triple Superphosphate," the only kind I could find here.  Can I just add it to the water as all are now just floating and not planted yet?  If so, would someone be more specific as to what "a bit" is? 

I am having great fun trying whatever presents itself with these lilies but will definitely have more fun if I have some success! So thanks for any advice.

Casey in Tucson

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"