Author Topic: Wood's Blue Goddess - Huge Lilly  (Read 1379 times)

Offline MikeW

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Wood's Blue Goddess - Huge Lilly
« on: September 23, 2006, 01:18:13 PM »
Thank you Sean for this one. It has huge blooms, and huge pads - and seems to be prolific way to the end of the season.

Mike

Los Angeles California Zone 10

Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someone's neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing?

Offline Teresa

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Wood's Blue Goddess - Huge Lilly
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 02:25:50 PM »
Gorgeous!  What's the little one on the bottom of the pic . . . and are those lovely vareigated pads it's?

Offline MikeW

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 03:02:57 PM »
Hey Teresa -
The small bloom visible is Lavender Lace. The harge variegated blooms are Foxfire pads, but the smaller green variegated pads are Lavender Lace.

Generally a weed, but quite well behaved this season.

Cheers,

Mike

Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someone's neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing?

Offline Teresa

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2006, 05:24:01 PM »
The pads on both of them are attractive . . . .that's important if you run the risk of paying for a lily for it's blooms but only getting pads . . . .

Offline louis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Lou's Views
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2006, 07:52:55 PM »
Mike, end of season??? you have banana and palm trees. how much of an end to your season can there be ?? ?)(?

lovely pond and really a nice healthy plant. how chilly does your winter get??

lou

Offline maryvonne

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My photo albums
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2006, 05:44:06 PM »
Very nice goddess Mike. Sean gave me one too but I managed to kill it. Come to think about it I've killed a lot of the ones he's given me over the years.

Maryvonne
Maryvonne
Surrey B.C.
Canada

zone 7-8

Offline MikeW

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2006, 03:03:40 PM »
Hey Lou -
No, I have some season left. Generally, the tropicals will bloom into december, albeit at a very washed out rate. While some of the others were already slowing down a tad, good old Wood's Blue Goddess was staying the course - even improving in performance.

Last winter was a warm one for us. My area hit a bottom low of 42 F, but usually we will get into the upper 30's. The palms and bananas, heliconias and passifloras all come through it OK. I love the tropical look, but I am jolly lazy, and I would hate to have to move stuff into the garage, or go and get mulch delivered.

Cheers,

Mike   

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"