Author Topic: Ok! Where's the Sales?!?!?  (Read 2234 times)

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Ok! Where's the Sales?!?!?
« on: December 26, 2007, 11:37:09 AM »
Not really doing any big shopping but interested to know what's out there..... ladies?  Gents?  Early birds?  :D

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Ok! Where's the Sales?!?!?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 12:04:41 PM »
I wanted to go to Target this morning really bad. I was in there on Christmas Eve and they still had a huge amount of stuff left.
But......no money left so I couldn't go. Boo hoo! :(
None of the gals here at work went shopping before they came in.
Heard that Kohl's had some really good deals. :)
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline frloplady

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 01:22:49 PM »
I think I am quite glad there is not a Kohl's nearby... {nono} {nono} ::)
Mary

Offline Desertponder

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 01:29:42 PM »
LOL! You should be, its a very addictive store. ;D
I love to go there but I have to stay out of there or I spend too much money. {:-P;;
Shanna

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 04:22:55 PM »
Last year I went to Target a week after Christmas and what they had left over was 90% off.  I bought lots of new lights and red Christmas stockings to use this year for way cheap.

I went to the CVS nearby to see if there were any good gift baskets left marked down but they were all gone.  Didn't feel like going anywhere else.  The winds here are dry and chilly.  My allergies because of the winds is making me tired.  Don't even want to go to the mall...

Offline karen J

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2007, 08:53:31 PM »
The Kohls's by me was closing at 6 pm on Christmas Eve. I didn't know that but showed up at 5 pm for a last-minute check.
Boy am I glad I did, cuz I got some great deals! They were marking things down by 70%. I got my family lots of nice "extra"  gifts and got great deals on all of it.

Unfortunately, the jeans I got my daughter didn't fit, but TODAY when we exchanged them we found her replacement jeans (right size) and a cute little bathrobe that ended up costing us only .29!!! Yup, 29 cents.  @O@  8)

Tomorrow we're going to Toys R Us... lots of lousy toys this year that didn't work as-advertised. Maybe we'll strike it lucky there. Not a good toy year for us, everything seems so cheap and they don't work well. The only toy that has served us well is Lego brand building bricks!  O0

Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline barb

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Connecticut
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 04:43:14 AM »
I used to hit the sales around here, but there was never anything left.  For instance, at Kohl's, clothes racks were literally almost bare, and what was left was lying in piles on the floor and scattered about.  They were really unfit to wear, let alone buy.   :o  I have been trying to do some shopping online instead.  I think the people around here are like starving animals at year-end sales.  LOL

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2007, 09:19:19 AM »
It's strange that I don't mind bumper to bumper traffic but I hate going to sales because it's so crowded and the lines are so long....  It really bugs me to stand in line, waiting, waiting, waiting... while thinking that I'm only standing there waiting for the salesperson at the other end to take money from me......  In addition I don't like exposing myself to colds/flu by people who should be at home in bed.  Then of course there are the unruly children running amuck...  Arrggghhhhhh!!!    Thus, I prefer to pay full price
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline Desertponder

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2007, 09:44:22 AM »
Standing in lines in stores is really starting to bother me. It seems like all the stores here are running on minimal staff so there are long lines. There is no such thing as running a quick errand around here. I used to go do a few errands sometimes on my lunch hour but I've found that I can't do it anymore. I'm lucky if I can get one thing done and back to work in an hour. ::)
Even going to the fast food places to grab lunch isn't fast anymore because there are long lines.
What really drives me nuts standing in lines is it seems like there is always someone ahead of you that has some issue that they have to get help with. A wrong price, no price, etc. and it takes forever to get it resolved.
Many times I spend as much time or more standing in line to checkout than I do shopping for the items I'm purchasing. ::)
Shanna

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2007, 02:57:01 PM »
What really drives me nuts standing in lines is it seems like there is always someone ahead of you that has some issue that they have to get help with. A wrong price, no price, etc. and it takes forever to get it resolved.

I know what you mean.  I seem to hit those particular lines all the time  >:(

When my kids were small I use to dread long lines because of the other kids behaviors.  Monkey see, monkey do  {nono}

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2007, 04:41:14 PM »
I feel like I just won the lottery when I go grocery shopping and I pick the right line that just zips through....  @O@
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline Monica

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2008, 06:14:06 PM »
I found some really good deals at Kohls this year, nothing like your .29 cent robe Karen J, WOW what a deal.   Deasertponder I wish we didn't have a Kohls because I do spend way to much money in there.
The irony of life is that, by the time you're old enough to know your way around, you're not going anywhere

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2008, 07:26:41 PM »
I've worked retail the last 5 years, full time (Target)  I must say by the time this season is over I don't even want to shop anymore.  Being in the thick of it daily drains all my shopping entushiasim. :-\  But I can't wait for the spring garden stuff to come out :)
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2008, 08:10:05 AM »
There in NY city! @O@ New years day I went to Manhatten got off the train on 34th and walked for ever down Brodway to 14th and Union Square, Tons of sales in every store.  @O@ Found way to many good buys. Like a $175 dollar pair of shoes for 50 bucks!!!!!!!!!!
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2008, 09:29:12 AM »
I found some really good deals at Kohls this year, nothing like your .29 cent robe Karen J, WOW what a deal.   Deasertponder I wish we didn't have a Kohls because I do spend way to much money in there.

WINNER!!!   @O@  29 cents robe??!!??!!!  Monica that is a great deal!!

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2008, 09:29:55 AM »
But I can't wait for the spring garden stuff to come out Smiley

Me TOO, Marla  :D

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2008, 09:32:35 AM »
Debbie scored big time in the Big Apple!!  O0

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2008, 11:52:20 AM »
Has anyone had quality problems on items from Kohl's?

They are new here so I haven't shopped there long.

I have had problems with bedding, The Big One brand mattress pad fell apart in less than a year.

Also buttons and hooks have come off on all of the dress slacks I bought. Apt 9 is the brand. (yes, they fit, not too small)

I also bought a jacket/blazer and it shrunk at least three sizes but was labeled machine wash.

I know, off topic but since Kohl's was mentioned I thought I'd ask.

I did no shopping after Christmas. There just wasn't anything on sale that I needed.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2008, 05:33:14 PM »
LeeAnne, we have had Kohls here for years.  I call it the everythings always on sale store.  I've always had good luck returning things that didn't hold up in a first wash, but it's been years since I have had to do that, they may have gotten strickter, most stores return policies have. 
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"