Author Topic: Braeden's almost to the end of the 100 days  (Read 1297 times)

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Braeden's almost to the end of the 100 days
« on: January 29, 2008, 07:44:37 AM »
isolation. From Dawn this morning.  I don't know what BMT is, may be something to do with radiation.

Big news already this week! Today we had an appointment with Dr. Axtell! As of today, day +90, Braeden is officially no longer a BMT patient, he is back to being a regular oncology patient! This really is a small thing, but to us it feels huge! He has 10 more days until his day 100, and hopefully then we can drop some meds, and get back to "normal," whatever that is. We found out today that Braeden will be taking the cis-retinoic acid for 12 months instead of the 6 we had planned. They are finding that they have much better success in Europe when it is take for a longer period of time, so that's what we'll do. They will monitor him closely for a couple of cycles of it to make sure he handles it well, then we can check less frequently and possibly have his broviac removed! It would be nice to be able to go in the water this summer, that's for sure! All in all, Braeden seems to be doing well. He needed neupogen again this weekend, but his white cell count came up great and hopefully now that he is done with radiation his counts will stay more stable. He seems to be a little "off" still but that could be an after effect of radiation or from the neupogen. He is eating ok now. We are working on sleeping and coping with not getting our way (ha ha....)-fun things to do with an almost three year old! Prayers that Braeden would be good about taking his new med would be appreciated--maybe even that he could learn to swallow the capsules, that sure would make things easier! Have a good week, everybody, enjoy the Michigan weather--not! ;-)

Offline emm

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Braeden's almost to the end of the 100 days
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 11:42:12 AM »
That is indeed good news Esther.  My best wishes continue to be with Braeden and all of your family.  emm

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 06:11:56 PM »
Esther BMT more then likely means Bone Marrow Transplant paitient.  and I'm glad he continues to do well, thanks for keeping us informed, helps reinforce the prayers.
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 06:30:44 PM »
When I read this on the care pages I was so excited! I know how she feels about Sleeping and getting own way. Bekka is right there with him. Still! :o
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 01:35:27 PM »
I would think it would be hard to discipline a child in that situation. But they now realize they will have to come down on Braeden a little more seeing that a new little one is on the way. As it is now, they put him to sleep in his new room and he goes to sleep quite well. But he wakes up in the night and Dawn doesn't want to cope with trying to get him back to sleep so she brings him to their bed. Kevin says he is an active sleeper so all the moving keeps Kevin awake. So when the new baby comes, if every time it wakes up in the night, Braeden wakes up too, they'll have their hands full. So from now until new baby,they have to teach him to sleep through the night + potty train him. Will be an interesting few months.

Offline barb

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Connecticut
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 01:38:15 PM »
Well, I'm sure they will work it out.  It's nice that they will have some typical parenting problems to sort out, and try to get back to "normal" soon instead of dealing with all these stressful treatments.  I'm so happy to hear things are progressing so well!!   @O@

Offline Indiana Karen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 05:28:21 PM »
Wonderful news Esther.  So good to read that he has an appetite!

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 05:37:24 PM »
Esther, it's unbelivable how fast they learn wich cry or wine breaks your heart and you give in ;D. or that sweet little But mom, or but grama,
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"