Author Topic: I don't think I told you  (Read 995 times)

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
I don't think I told you
« on: January 27, 2008, 10:46:08 AM »
Kevin, Braeden's daddy, had a very old car. The transmissions began slipping out of gear when he went around a corner. It also hesitated for a while before it would change gears. Finally the lights went out and he couldn't drive it when it was dark and he leaves for work around 6:30. So I loaned him my '99 Sunfire. Kevin lives north of Grand Rapids about a 45 minute drive and comes back roads to work. Sure enough about 3 weeks ago he hit a deer. Smacked the passenger side bumper and fender pretty bad and punctured the radiator, amongst other things. Killed the deer too.

We have a friend who does auto body work on the side and has a two wheel dolly car hauler. He volunteered to pick the car up from Kevin's and take it to a body shop that is run by a friend of his. So back and forth, insurance company, adjuster, body shop, insurance company, auto body guy, and finally it was decided to total it. We have received a fair amount of money from the insurance company and the auto body guy is buying it from us.

Now comes the hard part of finding something to replace it.

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: I don't think I told you
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 04:07:21 PM »
OMG Esther, when it rains it poors! Hasen't your familey gone threw enough? So what is Kevin doing to get back and forth?
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline whis4ey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 13/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Fujiyama Japanese Garden
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 09:20:39 AM »
Jeepers Esther ...   you are certainly having loads of fun this weather  :o

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 09:56:28 AM »
He had the choice of using our 86 conversion van but he said it took too much gas and at $3 a gallon, it takes a lot of money. The thing has two 15 gallon tanks. I about fainted a while back when we filled both tanks and it was about $100.

A while back, a guy that Kevin works with had a seizure so he couldn't drive for 6 months. He lived a bit south of Kevin so he would just take the guy back and forth with him. Of course the guy told Kevin that if he ever needed a ride to let him know so he is letting him know. LOL

My father in Florida has a good friend who had a car sales place. He gives my dad real good deals. So my dad is working on doing something. He had said Kevin could have his mini van but then found out how much it was worth and then couldn't bring himself to give him something that valuable. So in the meantime, Kevin is just going to have to make do with whatever falls in his lap.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"