Author Topic: Someone hit my truck and  (Read 1334 times)

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Someone hit my truck and
« on: January 30, 2008, 07:38:54 PM »
didn't have the -alls to tell me.

It had to happen at one of two work places.  It was on the passengers side.  All I know, that is the only places I've been  work, work or home.  Until today that is, met dh up at taco bell.....and he came in and said someone hit your truck.  They nailed it pretty good, not just a ding.  I went outside and sure enough big dent.

Think I will stick a sign in my windshield while at work that reads.

I want to Thank the person that hit my truck and didn't have the nerve to tell me.  I really appreciate it.  Maybe some other words, but wanted to keep it clean here.

My truck is a 96 f150 supercab.  Low mileage, nice body and interior.  The dent is very noticable.  I want to have it fixed.  But, my mom and dad says just leave it.  Your truck is not worth fixing.  Huh???  Why isn't it.  It runs great, and looks good.  I love my truck!  If it was theirs they wouldn't leave it dented, but then again they don't keep cars very long and trade them.  They bought a brand new 2007 buick, and someone hit it 2 months after they got it and didn't tell them.  Still to this day, I don't see where they hit it.  Oh, there is a little scratch.

They said, just go buy you a new one.  Yeah, that's alright too, but I DON'T want a car payment.  They're always telling me to trade it off.  It really bothered me for them saying its not worth the $500.00 deductable.  Maybe I should ask them if they want to make the payments.

Kim

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline Jonna

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
Re: Someone hit my truck and
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 08:13:39 PM »
Well, I'm with you Kym.  I hate car payments and I tend to drive my cars forever and get them fixed and take really good care of them.  To use one of my dad's old expressions, I hate buying a "pig in a poke".   It takes me a long time to decide what car I want and once I have it and it isn't a lemon I'm so happy I just want to keep it forever.  I think buying a new car is stressful and a big headache, I'd rather fix what I have than go into a dealership.

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 09:19:46 PM »
Sorry Kim.  That must be very frustrating to have some scuzzball do that.  Based upon your description of the truck I agree with you that you should have it repaired.  Making car payments is a waste of good money. 
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 04:57:31 AM »
 >:(-doese't that just chap your hide? I love mine too it's a 97 Dodge ram supper cab and I would fix it.
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 07:18:50 AM »
Sorry Kim..
Usually the people who do this type of thing are driving junk and have no manners! :(

Your truck is a nice truck and I would fix it too if it were mine!

Offline EagleEye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 07:25:24 AM »
Sorry that your truck got hit, but I wouldn't bother with the sign, they probably can't read.

I love the idea of your parents paying for it, put up or, well, you know.

My explorer got hit last week too. Of course they did'nt come in and tell me. Some low life, and of course $500 deductable, and it will be that for sure.
I'll fix it, but I won't be happy doing it. >:(

Steve
My Biggest Worry Is That the other half (when I'm dead)  Will Sell My Fishing Stuff For What I Said I Paid For It

Offline -Greg-

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • With us since: 27/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Casa de Gunkel
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 08:07:08 AM »
Kim, we use a local "dent master" guy here at our work. I have seen him remove some bad dents, not just dings. He comes to our shop and usually he charges under $100, might be worth checking out. Also, if your paint is damaged, and if you let me know what your paint code is, I can send you a bottle of touch up paint, we have a mixing room that I can pretty much make whatever automotive colors are out there.

Greg

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 09:44:44 AM »
First of all, that is really cool of you Greg to offer to help Kim.

Sorry you were a target of an irresponsible !@$!, Kim.  If you love your truck and it works well for you, keep it and repair it.  You don't need the reminder of  >:(- idiots out there. 

Plus you'll save one less automobile, dying a needless death, gone to the heap in our loverly landfills. O0

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 04:43:27 PM »
TY, Greg I will keep that in mind. 

Yeah, it stinks.  We're gonna go ahead and have it fixed after all my boys turn 16 next year, and even if I do buy something new it will give them something to drive in the begining until they buy their own auto's. 

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"