Author Topic: For all you car buffs  (Read 1438 times)

Offline Bartender

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/02/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Texas Wildcatters Booster Club
For all you car buffs
« on: February 16, 2008, 10:19:50 AM »
I really hope you don't mind, but I've got to do some shameless advertising. I am the Public Info person for Lumberton High School Project Graduation 2008. My son is a senior this year.

I was a little bit leary of posting this here since I'm a newbie, but then I saw the awesome pics in another thread and decided to go ahead and do it anyway.

At least, if anyone is interested, you would have a little bit of time to plan to attend.

All proceeds will go to Project Graduation 2008, to keep our kids safe and alcohol/drug free on Graduation Night!
I shall pass through this world but once. Any good, therefore, that I can do or any kindness I can show to any human being, let me do it now...for I shall not pass this way again. --William Penn
[IMG]

Offline -Greg-

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • With us since: 27/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Casa de Gunkel
Re: For all you car buffs
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 11:22:18 AM »
Bartender, if I was anywhere near you I would attend for sure. From you signature I see that you are a hockey fan, any team in particular? Dallas and my Redwings are playing tomorrow (I grew up in the Detroit area)...

Greg

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 01:37:32 PM »
It looks like that would be fun to attend and I sure would like to help out. But unfortunately the drive might be a bit long.

Offline Bullfrog

• Members
  • With us since: 28/04/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 04:41:53 PM »
I'll be there as this is my hometown.  :)

Never leave your partner, especially in a fire.

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 09:13:46 PM »
Looks like a great autoshow.  Wish I could attend......
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 04:47:41 AM »
What a fun way to raise money for the kids!
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Bartender

• Members
  • With us since: 10/02/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Texas Wildcatters Booster Club
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 08:33:02 AM »
I'm told that this was a huge moneymaker for the last few years. I think I was working last year, so I didn't go. I had a senior last year also!

It will be a full weekend for our Op Grad. We have a BBQ sale going on Friday and Saturday, then the car show, and then, that night (Sat) we will have our annual MisFit Pageant.

The MisFit Pageant is for all the GUYS!! Usually, it's the jock-types that sign up, but there are a few others as well. It's pretty funny to see our football team's star quarterback wearing 4 inch heals and a big poofy wig!  8-)~ lol

Our fundraising goal for this year is $75,000. We are sitting somewhere around $50k right now. we will have 3 months of school left after this particular fundraising weekend. Our senior class has approximately 260 students, and we want to have them all paricipate.  We will have prizes and gifts and fun galore, and NO ONE walks out the door empy handed.  O0

I have no idea what I will be doing at this time next year, as this is my last child to graduate!!  @O@
I shall pass through this world but once. Any good, therefore, that I can do or any kindness I can show to any human being, let me do it now...for I shall not pass this way again. --William Penn
[IMG]

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 09:44:07 AM »
That is cool how students are raising for their grad night!

I have no idea what I will be doing at this time next year, as this is my last child to graduate!!
@O@ Congrats to you Too!  @O@

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2008, 11:32:38 AM »
It's a good thing you are doing, keeping those kids off the streets the night of graduation. Congratulations for your commitment.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"