Author Topic: Computer tech guru ???  (Read 5952 times)

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Computer tech guru ???
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2008, 04:22:26 AM »
So andy. If I just pop for this system I shouldn't need all the other stuff right? I love the idea that it cleans out the system of all unused and unnessery crap and it fixes errors. Having said that tho. everytime it boot up I get the same erro Pcts.Tray, exe  unable to locate conponet??? Wonder why it doesen't fis that????? This program is all in one including malware.
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2008, 08:24:58 AM »
I use AVG free, AdAware, SpyBot Search and Destroy and Spyware Blaster, all are free and I have no problems.
Spyware Blaster stops malware from downloading in the first place.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline Kittyzee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2008, 11:32:09 AM »
So do I LeeAnne, and Zone Alarm free also.  Since doing this, I have never had a problem where I did with McAfee AND Norton.
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2008, 07:31:35 PM »
Yes, I use Zone Alarm free too. Both McAfee and Norton are system hogs and really slow down a computer.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline maryvonne

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My photo albums
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2008, 10:24:32 PM »
Both McAfee and Norton are system hogs and really slow down a computer.

You're not kidding! We just got rid of Norton and the computer is so much faster. I was getting so frustrated when working on my photos, but with the new free programs things are much better.

Maryvonne
Maryvonne
Surrey B.C.
Canada

zone 7-8

Offline Kittyzee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2008, 09:46:55 AM »
I guess we learn firsthand why companies spend millions on marketing..... ;)
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline emm

• Members
  • With us since: 16/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2008, 10:01:11 AM »
This is all very interesting.  Andy, your advice is helpful and written so that it is easy to understand.  I bought the Norton 360 thinking I was doing a good thing for our computer; it has moved at a snails pace ever since.  I do run a couple of the free programs you mention and they don't find too much anymore which I think means Norton is doing what it is supposed to but we're paying the price with very slow loading times.  I'm going to give those other programs a try.  Do you think I should uninstall Norton while trying the other programs?
Thanks, emm

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2008, 03:13:31 PM »
Hi emm, The way I understand it is if they run a firewall you can't have them both going. And one system wil fight with the other. I don't even pretend to understand it or be really in the knwo. So don't trust what I say as the dead truth? this free 30 day trial I'm using wouldn't even install tell I dumped Trend. I'm so happy with the way my computer runs now it's not funny. I like it because it does more than virous and malware and such. It actually does clean outs that the shops told me they would do for $50.00 a pop.
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline emm

• Members
  • With us since: 16/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2008, 03:32:38 PM »
Good to know Debbie.  Thank you.  I probably won't get around to doing anything until the weekend though.  emm

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"