Author Topic: white fuzz on lily tubors  (Read 756 times)

Offline casey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 19/12/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
white fuzz on lily tubors
« on: March 04, 2008, 10:20:16 PM »
My tropical lily parent tubers have a white fuzz on them.  I suspect this is not good.  :'(  Is there anything I can do to stop it and to encourage them to start growing again.  The tubers themselves are, so far, still firm so I am hoping there is a chance they will make it.  They are now in 80 degree heated water in full sun.  One is just floating and 3 are in gallon pot with kitty litter with fertilizer tab at the bottom.  I recently took them all out of their big pots in the pond in hopes that the warmer heated water would get them going instead of rotting.  The ones that seem in jeopardy are Queen of Siam, Bob Tricket, Pamela, Albert Greenberg.  My night blooming Red Flare made lots of little tubers and they are just floating in the same set up but different container and they are doing swell.    @O@

Casey in Tucson

Offline tranquility

• Trade Count: (72)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: white fuzz on lily tubors
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 10:03:44 AM »
hopefully someone like Sean can give you more detailed help...but, I would say if they are still firm-then they are still good...
Lawanna
Life is too short...... Live, Love, Laugh !!!!

Oklahoma-45 min. from Ganderville
Zone 7a :)

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 06:04:14 PM »
Can you take them out and clean or wipe the mold off? Sometimes they mold when you store the tubers if you don't use anti fungal powder on them.

Offline casey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 19/12/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 08:14:50 PM »
They were in the pond all winter because they had some growth on them, even though it was just kind of inactive.  Then i decided I just pull them out and try to get them in warmer water for an early start.  i do sort of brush off the white stuff every day and that seems to help but I thought someone here might have experience in similar situations.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"