Author Topic: Who am I?  (Read 1107 times)

Offline El Jefe

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
  • With us since: 09/11/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Who am I?
« on: March 21, 2008, 07:18:06 AM »
For all of you who 'know your lilies' tell me if you can the identity of this lily..... The site I picked it up from MISidentified  it as n. Odorata (a Florida native and a white Hardy lily to boot)

Thanks Andy

For those Odonata enthusiasts.... the Dragonfly is Erythemis simplicicollis (Common Pondhawk)
Just FYI
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 07:24:42 AM by El Jefe »
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
Re: Who am I?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 07:23:27 AM »
I would say it is either Albert Greenberg or After Glow, leaning towards A. Greenberg (cuz of the pads if those pads belong to it).  :)
But if a NO ID, it's a NO ID: if you can't be sure, you shouldn't give a lily a name. {-)
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline El Jefe

• Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 07:27:28 AM »
Joyce, What I should have said is the site I picked the picture up from called it n. odorata and I know that is not right. The photographer misidentified it and I was curious what it really is. Andy
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Offline tranquility

• Trade Count: (72)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 07:55:43 AM »
I'm with Joyce---Albert Greenburg....someone diffidently had that one mislabeled....it has tropical written all over it.....
Lawanna
Life is too short...... Live, Love, Laugh !!!!

Oklahoma-45 min. from Ganderville
Zone 7a :)

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 09:53:23 AM »
El Jefe, I know you're not the type of person to name 'uncertain' lilies.
But you know there are those out there that do,
and that is who my comment was aimed at...the unscrupulous ones. ::)
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline El Jefe

• Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2008, 10:24:34 AM »
Ahh, Roger that. Funny I was on another forum this morning and reviewing an exchange between two members, seems like the fun never stops, just changes locations... Andy

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2008, 10:35:01 AM »
My first thought was also Albert Greenburg.
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2008, 06:45:41 PM »
When I read the title of this post , I thought U forgot your name...... lol lol lol

bonnie

Offline El Jefe

• Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2008, 07:12:55 PM »
I have it on good authority that it is indeed appears to be an "Albert Greenberg"  One can never make a true identification by looking at a 2 dimensional picture, but if I wanted this look in my pond it appears that the 'Albert Greenberg" would be the way to go. Thank you one and all!

Andy
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 02:57:57 PM by El Jefe »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"