Author Topic: Gotta get a new waterfall pump Suggestions please!  (Read 2208 times)

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Gotta get a new waterfall pump Suggestions please!
« on: March 31, 2008, 08:00:49 PM »
I was running a nursery pro 3000, 2900 gph.  Had a great flow.  Anymore than that, the skippy would over flow.  What do you all recommend?

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Gotta get a new waterfall pump Suggestions please!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 08:10:56 PM »
Kim are you wanting a submersible or external pump??

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 08:16:44 PM »
Probably submersible.

I've been looking at AZ Ponds. 

Kinda of looking at the:

Pondmaster  3200 Pro XP Hydrive
Flow rate 3200 gph
head height  12'
output  1 1/2" Barbed
Warrenty 1 yr
Cord  20'
watts 200
$166.95

Offline Bonnie

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 08:24:28 PM »
Kim that is the same pump that I was going to suggest! O0

http://www.azponds.com/subpumps.htm#Pondmasterpump

PondMaster PRO HY-DRIVE Pump Series 3200XP
   $166.95 with free shipping
They also have this special but on the weekends they sometimes will offer and additional 10% off...
Recieve 5% off all online orders. This offer MAY NOT BE used with any other offers. This offer may exclude items marked as "SPECIAL". May not be applied to any order made before or after the days listed. When you place the order online, on the FINAL page of the checkout process there is a comments field. You MUST write the following words in the comments section to receive the discount:
"APRIL SHOWERS SPECIAL"

Your Nursery Pro uses     280-550 watts while the Pondmaster will use only 200 watts which is quite a big difference in wattage.

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 08:28:11 PM »
Looks like its a go, I'll go and order it.  Hopefully one of my hoses will fit it.  I just can't believe it, I bet it happened when the pond drained back in January.  It had me louder than normal since then.  He said he's going to take the other one to a guy at work that fixed the barrings in our pool pump.  Then if he does happen to fix it, it will just be on hand as a spare.  I tried to explain to dh that some of those you can't get into because it breaks the water seal. 

Kim

Offline Bonnie

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 08:36:57 PM »
Pondmaster are good pumps, they used to have a three year warranty though which maybe they do on the other styles?

The wattage difference alone is worth it.

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 08:42:54 PM »
I agree.........I think everything will be fine until I get the new one.  I'll email them tonight before I go to bed and ask them if it would be one that would quailfy for that extra savings.  Would be nice if it does.

Kim

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 09:53:21 PM »
I was just gonna go ahead and order it, instead of waiting for the weekend.  I tried the code and it said it wasn't valid.  I bet because of the time difference it isn't after midnight there.  So, I will wait until morning to do it and see if it makes a difference.

Kim

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2008, 10:39:25 PM »
I have to say "Sequence", why?  Cause Laguna and Cal Pump were nightmares, Gene of Koi Village sold it to me and said it was excellent.  3 years now and running like top!
Mine is above ground.  I don't know if they have submersibles.  Ask gene!
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 03:48:02 AM »
I can do that, I haven't placed an order yet.  I did try to pull up his site, but there were only pics last night.

Kim

Updated:  I emailed him this morning.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 04:14:53 AM by Ky Kim »

Offline tranquility

• Trade Count: (72)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2008, 08:53:51 AM »
Just gotta buzz in on this....I LOVE PONDMASTER pumps....I have 3 and the best thing about them is that when the propeller wears out you can buy new ones--and they can be used in line or submerged.......not many sub. pumps out there that you can just buy the propellers for... I've had to buy one for my 950 pump and thats because it was a poorly built pond and crap kept getting sucked into it and wrapping around the propeller....but, hey $15 spent on a new propeller was better than buying a whole new pump just because the propeller broke....and that has happened several times with other pumps....We are building a new 5,000 gallon this year and I just found out that pondmaster also makes an external pump---thats what we will be using on it...I've had such good results with my pondmaster sub. pumps...I'm liking the Laguana pumps I got from Bonnie too...we have one in a tank and planning on using the other for the skimmer on the new pond...
Lawanna
Life is too short...... Live, Love, Laugh !!!!

Oklahoma-45 min. from Ganderville
Zone 7a :)

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2008, 09:22:16 AM »
Yes, that is a big plus on a Pondmaster.  We had one for years and years, 500 gph replaced impeller once.  Might even still have it, I do think that is what is on the front pond hmmmm I'll have to look if so, its like 7 years old.

Kim
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 09:31:14 AM by Ky Kim »

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2008, 09:39:45 AM »
Do understand, I am sure there are many good pumps out there. My experience with the forementioned pumps was bad.  Yes they have many models and I am sure many are excellent.

I still am not over looking out the window to see if the waterfall is on!
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Bonnie

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2008, 11:59:05 AM »
Last time that I checked around, Sequence only has external pumps, no submersible.

When I bought my Pondmaster, Gene told me that he suggested them for submersible pumps.

Evidentally I have been very lucky with Laguna pumps because for a cheap pump they've been very good for me, I have been running them for 6 years now along with my two Pondmaster and Sequence and have had to replace one of them.

Guess like everything, there is good and bad experiences.. I won't use any pump if they use alot of electricity so I don't know about other brands except for them.

Offline tranquility

• Trade Count: (72)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2008, 12:20:34 PM »
Do understand, I am sure there are many good pumps out there. My experience with the forementioned pumps was bad.  Yes they have many models and I am sure many are excellent.

Jerry bless your heart...I do have to say alot of folks like the sequence pumps...they are supposed to be very good external pumps and energy efficient...
Lawanna
Life is too short...... Live, Love, Laugh !!!!

Oklahoma-45 min. from Ganderville
Zone 7a :)

Offline Bonnie

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2008, 12:38:12 PM »

Jerry bless your heart...I do have to say alot of folks like the sequence pumps...they are supposed to be very good external pumps and energy efficient...
Lawanna

I'm always afraid that I'll jinx myself bragging about a brand but my two sequence pumps have been awesome but sometimes a submersible is needed.  External is the way to go if you can and need more flow than a smaller pump.

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2008, 08:38:43 PM »
Yall turned me onto the pondmaster mag drive waterfall pump and I am on the 3rd year with it and couldnd be  more pleased.

tinkster

Offline mcp

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2008, 06:39:34 AM »
Kim, As for me I have been running a Tsuramni submersible and a Sequence external for the 3 years . Both have worked great. I have toyed with building another pond and if I do will go with the Sequence  external. A little harder to set up but in the long run more efficent. :)
McKean County Pa. zone 5

Offline Ky Kim

• Members
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2008, 09:36:30 PM »
My pump is on its way.  Should be here on Friday!  Just in time for the  :raining: . We're suppose to get from 3 to 5 inches tomorrow, and more on Friday.  I can see me out there trying to get the new pump going with an umbrella over my head, but I will if I have too.   ::) What us ponders will do for our babies.   ;) I know I have plenty running right now, just will feel better with it going.

Kim

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2008, 08:43:46 PM »
My first Pondmaster lasted about seven years and that was in a pond choked with debris from neighbor's trees. Went through two impellers before it gave out. Second one is over three years old.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2008, 09:51:53 AM »
What's an "external" pump?  SOME part of it would have to still be in the water, wouldn't it?  So that part would still be subject to sucking up muck, wouldn't it?

Offline mcp

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2008, 12:13:47 PM »
Julles, An external pump is a pump that is entirely out of water not submersed. You may have observed ones similar on a swimmiing pool. The pump generally sits in some sort of pump house and gets water thru connections of settlement pond, skimmer, etc. Most do not get the water directly from bottom of pond such as a submersible. Some such as mine do have a leaf basket to take care of some of the debris. Little bit harder to plumb than hooking hose to top of pump dropping into pond and sticking other end of hose in waterfall. Though they are harder to plumb they are very efficent. Hope this answers your question. Here is a link to show pictures of some. :)
http://www.azponds.com/new%20sequence.htm
McKean County Pa. zone 5

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"