Author Topic: Caryopteris - Snow Fairy..Flowerville farms.... anybody use them or this plant?  (Read 975 times)

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Thinking about this shrub to add some color to my bank.. jsut wondering if anybody has used this company or grown one of these.. are they easy.. would they do okay in a dry arrid sandy soil??  I think its so pretty

http://flowervillefarms.safeshopper.com/872/821.htm?847

tinkster

Offline Teresa

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Sure is pretty and the way they describe the flowers it would be difficult not to give it a try . . . .

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
I have three Caryopteris, not a 'Snow Fairy', never heard of that one. Caryopteris would love dry sandy soil. I am very fond of them. There are a lot of newer ones that are more compact and have showier flowers than the ones I have. They provide late season color and are carefree plants except for cutting them back hard in early spring.

Bees and butterflies love them.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
    • View Profile
thanks much for the info!  especially the BEE part.. I will certainly not put them where I was going to.. dont want to replace my bee riden sedems with something else that would do the same :)

tinkster

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
 :o
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"