Author Topic: Reporting the case of the battered Wakin!  (Read 2522 times)

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Reporting the case of the battered Wakin!
« on: April 08, 2008, 08:04:38 AM »
Here's the situation: The chase is on....I now know which of my fish are male or female.  Obviously I have more males than females. 

Yesterday afternoon I found my female wakin, Precious, all roughed up after an afternoon of being chased around the pond.  Had I been smart I should have separated her for a spell to let her rest.  She was chased by goldies, shubs and 1 small koi.  Her scales are all "broken" and some missing like someone was trying to scale her.   :o

Precious was very tired and too easy to catch.  I put her in a large fish bowl (old glass candy jar) to check her out.  She also looks ready to pop with eggs.  She's feeling better today and I can see better where she lost scales and was probably pushed against something to scrape up most of her body.  Luckily her head was left untouched as were her fins.

What do you do when a female fish is chased relentlessly and obviously battered by too many over anxious males?

Offline Ruthie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • Monique
  • With us since: 08/07/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Reporting the case of the battered Wakin!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 09:01:21 AM »
The same thing is happening in my pond, too.  No advice, just sympathy.  My poor lady goldfish look so tired.  Remember that song Madeline Kahn sang in Blazing Saddles?  Poor girls.

Offline tranquility

• Trade Count: (72)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 09:51:23 AM »
I think the best thing is to keep way more females than males...that way there are lots of girls to chase...and he can't chase 3 or 4 girls at once....I have only 2 males in with 4 females and in the other pond 1 male to 2 females...I have yet to have on beat up...much less killed....and I've heard of the latter happening many times during breeding....
Lawanna
Life is too short...... Live, Love, Laugh !!!!

Oklahoma-45 min. from Ganderville
Zone 7a :)

Offline mascot

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 10:31:25 AM »
Sounds to me like Precious asked for it.  {nono} She needs to stop wagging that fantail in their faces and quit being such a tease to the other fish.  8-)~
I'm broke and can't afford to pay attention, so you might have to lend me an ear.

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 10:41:21 AM »
ROFL ROFL ROFL.  such a typical male response :)  hehehe... to funny

tinkster

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 06:03:01 PM »
ROFL ROFL ROFL.  such a typical male response :)  hehehe... to funny

tinkster

I was thinking that too tink...... lol lol lol

bonnie

Offline barb

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Connecticut
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 05:46:24 AM »
OH yes, that is definitely a typical male response!   lol

Poor fishie, I hope she gets some rest.

Offline Double S

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 01/06/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 06:26:56 AM »
Sounds to me like Precious asked for it.  {nono} She needs to stop wagging that fantail in their faces and quit being such a tease to the other fish.  8-)~

Always blaming the females...when we ALL know the truth.  It's just the males are all relentless pigs.

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2008, 06:44:38 AM »
If she was that attractive to the males, she must have been ready to "pop."  I wonder why she hasn't spawned yet.  Seems like nature would work itself out so the fish don't have to go through this for too long.  My fish spawn in one day, and it's over.

Offline mascot

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2008, 07:30:34 AM »
Always blaming the females...when we ALL know the truth.  It's just the males are all relentless pigs.

"all relentless pigs"??? 

sheesh...tough crowd.  you know, I was just kidding.
I'm broke and can't afford to pay attention, so you might have to lend me an ear.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2008, 07:39:46 AM »
Very funny Mike!  lol  I know you were joking!!  ;D

Well Precious is doing much better now but looks "scaled" and less red because of the loss of scales.  I think it is possible that she has spawned in the fish bowl (what a mess) and I'm thinking of letting her back into the pond today.

Well until this year I didn't realize I had so many males.  What you guys say makes a lot of sense.  I think I will have to separate the goldies as they seem to be the roughest of the bunch.  :o  The koi have no clue, I think.   ::)

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2008, 09:34:25 AM »
Look at it this way Blind Too, great minds think alike! lol I too was on the same thought wave.
Anette, do you have a small tub or something you could fix up for her and one of her boy friends for just a few days? something you could stick a plant in  for her to spawn on?
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline tinkster

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2008, 10:40:32 AM »
seems like we "ganged" up on him on this thread... non of the other males seem to willing to jump into the middle of this "debate" :)

We know your kidding blindtoo , well pretty sure we know your kidding,,, well hope your kidding.... you are male :))))

tink

Offline El Jefe

• Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
  • With us since: 09/11/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2008, 11:00:06 AM »
Sounds like precious was of the "if you got it flaunt it" mentality, She just got all the boys attention. If she is a pretty wakin you really can't blame her for what her mama gave her.....and most guys are suckers for a pretty (pregnant pause) face ::)

Andy
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 01:42:41 PM by El Jefe »
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Offline miguynmkoi

• Members
  • Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2008, 04:50:31 PM »
Another "guy's" opinion! lol lol lol Glad Michael has a backer!  ;D  In the same wave I hope the AP females don't beat up on the AP males!  Outcome could be very ugly  :D lol

Debbie, good idea!  If I have wakin babes, you get your choice!  @O@  Here's hoping.....

Offline El Jefe

• Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
  • With us since: 09/11/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2008, 06:02:49 PM »
Couldn't let michael  go down in flames someone had to get his back  {:-P;;
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Offline mascot

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2008, 06:31:47 PM »
Thanks, Andy!   ;D

I'll never talk smack about a fish again...even if she is a hussie!  lol lol

Offline bunny56lbc

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2008, 06:57:16 PM »
Like tink said , we were just haveing some fun with ya Blind too .... {:-P;;....even if she was a hussie.....the wakin of course .. o( o(

bonnie

Offline tinkster

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2008, 07:33:49 PM »
blind... your PM is not  working and I have something I must tell you :)  It says memeber not found ... now whose teasing :)

tinkster

Offline mascot

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2008, 08:37:54 PM »
blind... your PM is not  working and I have something I must tell you :)  It says memeber not found ... now whose teasing :)

tinkster

sorry... if you use mascot it will work, but for some reason my screen name won't.  not sure why.

Offline bunny56lbc

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2008, 01:50:05 PM »
Hey Bilnd 'Too , I tryed to send ya a message too but it kept saying you're user
name didn't exist . What is mascot ?

bonnie

Offline tinkster

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2008, 08:14:29 PM »
I think I FINALLY got one to him tonight by changin the username from blindtoo to mascot.  it appears it went through but I had forgot what I wanted to tell him...

think that verifies it. hes a tease!

Tinkter

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"