Author Topic: rain rain rant  (Read 1463 times)

Offline justme

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/10/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
rain rain rant
« on: April 11, 2008, 07:44:52 AM »
I am tired of rain this spring. Its been flooding around here. I hope lawanna did not lose any more kiddie pools her water got so deep the last time a fully planted kiddie pool floated off. I had a fire in my fire pit the other night and it stormed so bad night before last if floated the pan right out of the ground.

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: rain rain rant
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 08:09:08 AM »
We've had record rainfall this year.  Last year was a severe drought. As I sit here and type its thunderstorming outside,with heavy down pours.  This has went on through out the night.  Wanting to take the kids to the movies today, but waiting for this to ease up instead of driving in it.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline tranquility

• Trade Count: (72)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 08:50:42 AM »
Lawanna is cursing to the spring gods wondering why they have forsaken me  >:(- >:(- >:(- >:(-....I am tired of the rain....I am tired of the cooler than normal temps....We are expecting yet another freeze this weekend maybe two  >:(- >:(- >:(-
Lawanna
Life is too short...... Live, Love, Laugh !!!!

Oklahoma-45 min. from Ganderville
Zone 7a :)

Offline Sunbeam56

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 30/03/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 08:55:44 AM »
We are dry in Texas - send some of the rain this way!  @O@

Offline justme

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 09:21:19 AM »
Lawanna is cursing to the spring gods wondering why they have forsaken me  >:(- >:(- >:(- >:(-....I am tired of the rain....I am tired of the cooler than normal temps....We are expecting yet another freeze this weekend maybe two  >:(- >:(- >:(-
Lawanna
Sshut up with that nasty mouth girl. It had better not freeze. I aint put out much yet but I have been spending the money. I guess I can take it all back in the house. >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline tranquility

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 09:37:57 AM »
I have 4 banana plants and 5 taro to pull back out of the ground---2 kiddie pools of hyacinth to either cover up or bring back in---and one end of the gh to close up  >:(-....and I'm just thankful my wagon handle broke or I'd have more to haul back  ;).....I doubt very seriously you'll have to worry about a freeze---your always warmer than us....did you guys get the same storms that pounded Lynda the other night?
Lawanna

Offline justme

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2008, 09:47:12 AM »
WE stayed up all night vacuuming water again. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline tranquility

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2008, 09:48:57 AM »
Bummer---is there any way of fixing that? your poor dad-I bet he shure hates to see rain comin'...
Lawanna

Offline Lynda

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 19/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2008, 09:53:53 AM »
We got six inches of rain Wednesday night, hail the size of golf and tennis balls, and tornado sirens going off all night long.  No tornado touch-downs, but they measured the straight-line wind at 80-100 mph.  I'm still assessing damage - have to have someone come out and look at the roof.  The cover over the deck is smashed to bits, plants are all beat up and some of my stained glass garden lights are broken and will have to be replaced. 

Offline justme

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2008, 09:54:15 AM »
It only does it in gulley washes like we have been having lately. I dont know we have tried just about every thing short of a bulldozer.

Offline justme

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2008, 09:57:00 AM »
We got six inches of rain Wednesday night, hail the size of golf and tennis balls, and tornado sirens going off all night long.  No tornado touch-downs, but they measured the straight-line wind at 80-100 mph.  I'm still assessing damage - have to have someone come out and look at the roof.  The cover over the deck is smashed to bits, plants are all beat up and some of my stained glass garden lights are broken and will have to be replaced. 

We got the winds all day yesterday. they have just abouot shredded the plastic over the pond. We did not get the hail but believe me we got the rain. rain and more rain. Sorry to hear about your deck cover Lynda. So now is your chance to bump the deck out a few feet so you are right over the pond.

Offline maryvonne

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My photo albums
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2008, 10:01:22 AM »
That's a lot of rain all right! Mainly yukky weather here too, rain, hail, snow and just plain cold, but we are suppose to have a nice day tomorrow so DH is going to tune up the lawn mower and guess what I will be doing?

Maryvonne
Surrey B.C.
Canada

zone 7-8

Offline tranquility

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2008, 10:11:28 AM »
Lynda that was some monster hail---I saw pics of it over at KS....thats about the size that we got here a few years back...I was outside and it sounded like a thousand horses charging...I just made it to the porch as it hit...thank goodness I got under shelter soon enough...My BIL ended up with a huge bruise from a piece of hail on his face trying to get my sisters car under the car port....
Lawanna

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2008, 02:02:48 PM »
Ya'll can keep the hail ..... :o....and I wish you would keep all this rain we are getting too .... o(
I'm afraid that one morning I'm going to look out my kitchen window & see all my fish floating down the lane .....pond's are overflowing ..... o( o( o(

bonnie

Offline Double S

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 01/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2008, 04:36:39 PM »
Yep. Been thunderstorms here yesterday and day before (but DH works an hour north of our house...and no rain at all).  Yesterday it hailed, larger than marbles for a good 1/2 hour!!!

Today, cold and windy. Rain off and on.

Tomorrow forcasted for snow!!!

When will it end!!!!

>:(- >:(- >:(-

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"