Author Topic: Salad Anyone??  (Read 1637 times)

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Salad Anyone??
« on: September 24, 2006, 07:49:08 PM »
Look closely at the package. Just below the words Fresco Lavado....

Don't forget this brand of fresh lettuce, folks. What probably happened is, the water the lettuce was washed in contained polliwogs and these became fresh new frogs, right in the packages. So if you're looking for salad fixins with a little more body, then be sure and try this brand. Don't forget, it's the extra care that Mexican companies take that makes the difference.

Bonnie
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 07:39:26 PM by bunny56lbc »

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Salad Anyone??
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 08:57:15 PM »
Ewww, how gross is that!

I always wash the lettace before we eat it.  But you know there are people who don't, couldn't you imagine them just dumping that in a bowl and someone goes to get some and that jumps out at them.   

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline Monica

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 05:21:41 AM »
EWWWW that is gross.  Could you imagine picking that up in a store or getting it home and seeing that.
The irony of life is that, by the time you're old enough to know your way around, you're not going anywhere

Offline tootsie

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Meet Christian, my newest Grandson :)
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 07:11:06 AM »
UGH, or having guests for dinner,and have one of them ask you "WHAT KIND OF MEAT IS IN YOUR DELISOUS SALAD?" @O@

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2006, 05:32:39 PM »
Make sure Teresa knows the brand so she can have salad for her house guest. @O@

Scott
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline Teresa

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2006, 05:54:34 PM »
Frogs don't grow from taddies that fast . . . . there is absolutely NO WAY it was a taddie that survived all that.

But, Scott has a great idea there . . . . .

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2006, 06:10:48 PM »
I had my son that absolutely loves salads look at the pic.  I said do you see anything wrong with it, he said in the big square is it spinach.   :o....I said NO...its a FROG.  He said, ewwww.
Must be the angle he was at not to see the eyes, don't know how he missed it, spinach...geeez.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline karen J

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2006, 08:33:34 PM »
Well, if I ever find a frog in a bag of lettuce I will keep it.  o(:-) Why do I love those critters so?  :D
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline CT

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2006, 03:00:53 AM »
I'm with you Karen. I love them too and he would have had a home.  o(:-) I found a Cuban treefrog in a large tropical plant quite a few years ago. The plant was straight off the truck and he apparently hitchhiked in a developing leaf. It was a great surprise for him and for me when he decided to come out that evening.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"