Author Topic: Vines in bloom  (Read 843 times)

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Vines in bloom
« on: April 24, 2008, 09:21:26 AM »
The fragrance from the star jasmine takes over every evening.  Little birds have built nests in the big puff of blooms and leaves.  The passion flower is sending up may tendrils and buds.

Thanks to LeeAnne's advice my only clematis vine is stronger than it ever has been the past few years and blooming with bigger flowers.  I would love to grow some fancier varieties that I've seen here.  With LeeAnne's technique I'm sure I will be able to  O0

Offline Kat

• Trade Count: (176)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Vines in bloom
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 11:10:37 AM »
Beautiful!  What is LeeAnne's clematis technique? 
Kat

There is never enough room for all of the water lilies that I want ;-)

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 11:49:58 AM »
Here are a couple of posts where I learned much from LeeAnne:

http://www.americanponders.com/forum/index.php?topic=3310.0

http://www.americanponders.com/forum/index.php?topic=2388.0

I'm starting a few more seedlings but not sure if they will make the bloom time.  Can't wait to see LeeAnne's clematis varieties again!

Offline Kat

• Trade Count: (176)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 12:49:23 PM »
Thanks for the links & info.  I have an older clematis that has done it's best this year (maybe because I hacked at it this spring :o) & Lowe's had their $6 starter plants on clearance for .25 cents each this morning.  So I've got a bunch of them now that I need to figure out what to do with.  I'm a sucker for a bargain  {:-P;;

Kat

There is never enough room for all of the water lilies that I want ;-)

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 06:29:25 PM »
Annette, that Clemmie looks great with the Japanese maple. Nice photo of the passion vine too.

I wish I could get pink jasmine to live here, it is borderline but I've had it die several winters so I give up. I'd put one in the greenhouse but it is too small, it would swamp it. My star jasmine barely blooms though has lived at least. Both of them have amazing fragrance.

Clematis respond extremely well to severe pruning. 

None of mine are close to blooming yet, it has been very wet, gray and cold here this spring.....
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"